Post subject: TerraEternus expansion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:13 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Hippy Treehugger
Alt: Hispanic Metalhead
Alt: Damion Black
Alt: Insanity Forsaken
well this place is pretty much dead, so we need to figure out how we can expand to gain a renewed fallowing. we may have to remove the earth eternal threads and pages.

any expansion would need TerraEternus and logo copy righted.

i purpose we have a youtube channel and do lets plays and or reviews, or both. we'd need to learn video editing...there are several video production software on steam. some none to expensive

we could all so use game making software such as game maker, RPG maker and the others on steam. i need to upgrade my video card to better handle Game Guru.... which all so means with game makers/engines that use 3-D models and backgrounds; we'd have to learn how to use blender and 3-d animation etc. start small with RPG maker. but then again music, we would need to either make our own and copy right it, or use royalty free music.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: TerraEternus expansion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:18 pm 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
Best I can offer is review for games I've played and record my thoughts of them. Have no interest in video editing or making, and have no skills for programming as I'm not a person to make something that is art, but someone who rather play what was made.

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:28 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

i just made a post on my facebook and on the earth eternal fan page.

we may need to start a TE page on facebook and twitter sooner or later. but we need to start small and go from there.

"Dead by Daylight" comes out soon. we could contact the dev and see about monetizing the game play. we could either use the money to fund TE or for charity. i prefer charity my self. but setting things up between the dev's of the games and youtube and who we decide to have the money go to is going to be a chore. but worth it. but we'er going to start WAY smaller. no monetizing to make good use of fair use to advertise our community.

what games should we play as a community first? it would have to be recorded since since my streaming is terrible....my upload is 2.5Mbps not good enough....out right terrible. the only game i was able to stream was a facebook game...war commander....and i will NEVER stream that game for TE for the fallowing reasons. 1. ALL KIXEYE ACCOUNTS HAS TO REACH $50 TO GET CUSTOMER SUPPORT. THEY WILL SEND MESSAGE TELLING YOU THAT YOU HAVE'T REACHED $50 AND DENY YOU SUPPORT. 2 their customer support is the worst i've ever seen. they blame you for every problem; and i mean every problem...it took them 6 months to admit that they had had an issue with the auto save. the game client for facebook doesn't work for me, and they tell me my internet isn't fast enough...3. something breaks every time the game goes down for maintenance...every time.4. they nerf units to make the elite look better 5. they have a unit thats so [filtered] hard to kill that hackers use it constantly. 6. hackers have overtaken the game and costed the dev over half of their player base. 7. and my complaint continues....LAG the game isn't stable, and has never been...i have all game settings turned off, i clear my browser cache and the games over all performance is junk, gets worse with their monthly events that are broken, some people can't even play. 8.THE DEVELOPER LIES CONSTANTLY TO THE PLAYERS! they said for 2 years now that their going to slow down on adding new content to give us a break from constant upgrading and we have yet to see it. I HAVE MORE COMPLAINTS...THAT ARE VALID... LIKE THE OVER 80 ISSUES THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN FIXED NOR WILL EVER BE. PLAYERS ARE KEEPING COUNT.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 am 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Mood: Alive

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Should make a game rant section. I know a ton of players who would love to drop it out. Me for one.

I'm serious. How many times has anyone wanted to blow it out online with out a pissy MOD slamming them down?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:05 pm 
Puddi

Main: Wake Duskleaf (Druid)
Alt: Razek Velvetvoid (Rogue)
Alt: Cyan Arctek (Knight)
Alt: Adrian Tenek (Mage)

Are we making Terra Eternus into a portal for multiple non EE related activities such as a hub for lets plays and game reviews? Originaly this site served its main purpose and still serves as the only archive of Earth Eternal related documentations. We should thread lightly (no pun intended) when we consider removal of anything ee related.

About lets playes, I won't question your talents, I don't know anything about them to be honest but there are some huge competition in this area of entertainment. Only throwing that out.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:31 am 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Kept toying, still do ( I said toying not doing ) about designing a new logo with Jack in it as he did start it up so it's only my natural thoughts to include him on it, only Jacky never tells of his fursona, so I never went any further other then the half arsed prototype that sits in the back of my mind.

I'll be blunt here, I like the site and the nut cases who dwell here, but I just won't bother as it's a waste of my art time if communications don't pick up, as a while back he never got back to any of us who volunteered to design one for the site.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:51 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

great suggestions, a lets play thread would make an excellent idea. visual novels would make for a great discussion as well.

i'm currently playing "the skies" on steam. the game is in early alpha and reviewing it will take some time. i gave it a thumbs up all ready. i hope to have enough money for a new cpu next month....i'm using AMD 6300....3.5 GHz....six core. its bottle-necking my performance. i got a R9 390 X 8GB and 16GB of system ram

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:04 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Spectralfang - Charr Thief
Alt: Sehrai - Asura Guardian
Alt: Mandihr Blazingfang - Charr Elementalist
Since you seem pretty dead set on trying out the "Let's Play" scene on Youtube I'd recommend doing something that you'd definitely enjoy first before looking to make money off of it. Personally the more entertaining videos along the same lines of a "Let's Play" are the ones where there's a group of buddies playing together and whatnot due to the fact that I'm not a big fan of the "talking-just-to-talk" mentality of the genre.

As far as software goes Mirillis Action! is decent and has generally low CPU overhead even when not using GPU encoding. Also, as a plus the video file sizes very manageable especially when compared to FRAPS. Let's be honest here 1-100 GBs is a helluva a lot better than 100-500 GBs. I've only used the trial version Action!, but if you're interested in it costs $20 for a normal license and about $60 for a license if you're looking to monetize your videos. Editing software wise Power Director is generally cheap though there are some more bugs to be found in it from what I've experienced (like buying it for GPU encoding and not having the GPU encoding work for any specific reason anymore). Sony Vegas is decent to use as well, but again I've only used the free trial of it and that was a few versions ago. If you're just looking to upload the video itself with minimal editing Action! allows for that as well.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, so I hope this helps.