All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: E3 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Spectralfang - Charr Thief
Alt: Sehrai - Asura Guardian
Alt: Mandihr Blazingfang - Charr Elementalist
It's almost that time of the year again to get a better look at some of the games that will be coming out later this year as well as others that are still a ways away. With that being said is there anything anyone here is particularly excited to see at this years E3?

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: E3 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:34 am 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Angry

Blog: View Blog (8)
Main: Azulie Landorf (GW2)
Alt: Azulie Snowfall
Alt: Fiorello Sinclair

I'm excited.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:19 am 
Puddi

Mood: Alive

Main: Wake Duskleaf (Druid)
Alt: Razek Velvetvoid (Rogue)
Alt: Cyan Arctek (Knight)
Alt: Adrian Tenek (Mage)
Beware, salt incoming.

I know it might be early to judge but this years nintendo event is one of the worst I have ever witnessed.
Forty minutes of sun/moon deadtalk about things that aren't important like character customization and graphical depth. Yes I know it's requested but what about things that DO matter, like inovating the battle system into something an adult can actually enjoy. No, instead now there's even more hand holding with the game telling in advance what moves are super effective. What about promises of a meaty story like black/white. We haven't even seen the starters second evolution yet. What about new megas? I was mildly hyped upon uncovering the titles, now the the interest is down to none.

Then 6 hours of Breath of the Wild aka ZeldaU gameplay. They say patience is a virtue but obviously nintendo think too highly of the common individual. Me and my friends dropped out long before they got any point across.
I'm not going to say the game is going to be bad but this game breaks the zelda formula so bad it no longer feels like a zelda game.
An open skyrimesque world that's too big for it's own good with ten thousands of loot chests and monsters with no other purpose than to "be there".
Seems that the story is going to be conveyed through exploration but at this point the world looks so empty and dead. Why would you want to explore that?
IMO judging from the dragged on nintendo treehouse event there's no incentive to explore this world at this point. They have to fix that.
Also I am not a fan of the cross platform wiiU/NX choice. More work and less hardware/generation optimization.
I'm sceptical to BotW but yet hopeful.

About Sony and Microsoft I'm not blown away but they where both "ok" in my book. I've seen worse.
I haven't seen the other publishers events so I have no opinion there.

I am serious, this is my biggest nintendo hype at this point. Says a lot I guess...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:56 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Spectralfang - Charr Thief
Alt: Sehrai - Asura Guardian
Alt: Mandihr Blazingfang - Charr Elementalist
It's been years since I've actually been excited to see what's new during E3 since its mostly focused on consoles and their exclusives to help sell systems. This E3 really isn't any different, however; damn does that new Legend of Zelda look pretty damn good. The open world of Breath of the Wild is definitely a natural step of what the LoZ games have been leading up to at this point. It's safe to say that it'll probably be one of the more successful Wii U games available though with not many stand out titles that doesn't seem too hard to accomplish either.

Moving on from Nintendo and Legend of Zelda over to good 'ol Sony it's nice to see The Last Guardian fiiiiiiiinally getting a release date, but my only problem with that is the fact that it never will come out for PS3 since that was one of the games I was so excited to play years ago when I first saw the original E3 reveal trailer. One other thing about The Last Guardian is that I'm sure some people will be complaining about how the visuals aren't up to par with other games that are out on current gen consoles. It's hard to not think the art work of the main character looks a bit dated in terms of texture resolution, but at least everything else looks mostly nice. Horizon: Zero Dawn, despite the weird sounding title, has some promising looking gameplay if the setting of the game doesn't put you off. The premise of various robot animal things running around with only bows, arrows, and bombs to fight them does sound strange to say the least. That being said I'm a sucker for sci-fi and it all looks very interesting with some cool gameplay ideas as well.

One thing I have to get out there is the fact that Scalebound is a cool looking game with dragons you can control and giant freaking bosses, but they managed to put in probably one of the most annoying protagonists of any game ever created.... Thanks Platinum Games!

Duskleaf wrote:

I know it might be early to judge but this years nintendo event is one of the worst I have ever witnessed.
Forty minutes of sun/moon deadtalk about things that aren't important like character customization and graphical depth. Yes I know it's requested but what about things that DO matter, like inovating the battle system into something an adult can actually enjoy. No, instead now there's even more hand holding with the game telling in advance what moves are super effective. What about promises of a meaty story like black/white. We haven't even seen the starters second evolution yet. What about new megas? I was mildly hyped upon uncovering the titles, now the the interest is down to none.

Pokemon is pretty much the JRPG version of Call of Duty.

Duskleaf wrote:

About Sony and Microsoft I'm not blown away but they where both "ok" in my book. I've seen worse.
I haven't seen the other publishers events so I have no opinion there.

I didn't even bother watching any livestream conference event and now I wonder if Sony did their usual sales and graphs that they like to do for E3. As for Nintendo's conference I feel like every year they have the weakest showing compared to Microsoft and Sony though that can probably come down to the fact that there aren't a whole lot of things to talk about other than one or two big titles.