It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:56 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Regarding the Site
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:22 pm 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
Personally, as much as I hate and feel sad to say it, the site's use has long since been over. There is a steam group we can merge over to that would be a better option right now, and hopefully keep in touch (I hate good byes, you know?) Lots of memories have been made here, and hate to see them go...

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/terraeternus
The group is public, so anyone can join.

Given the current circumstances, this is the better option. Maybe one day the site will come back when it's appropriate and affordable? But for now let's go to something small as the commute has become now all these years, and see if we can grow it back up with a different purpose. I don't want the commute to die, but I do want to ease up the stress and pressure overall at least of financing it.

I don't know how much time we have before the site shuts down if no one else can take over Jack's ownership of financing it, but hopefully people will see this in time and merge over. There may not be any other way to get the word out far as I know, but I want to give the option now instead of later. If you're still in touch with people that have left or rarely visit, let them know.

Update: Another option would be switching over to Antilia, some of us moved over there when EE (JP) was a dud: http://antilia-game.com/
It even has it's own steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/antilia

I'll let people decide, for now I'm trying to help keep people together and not have to say good bye.

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Regarding the Site
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Hippy Treehugger
Alt: Hispanic Metalhead
Alt: Damion Black
Alt: Insanity Forsaken
if i gotta pay for all the sites, i'll pick up the tab. 55 bucks is manageable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:37 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Spectralfang - Charr Thief
Alt: Sehrai - Asura Guardian
Alt: Mandihr Blazingfang - Charr Elementalist
There's no doubt about the fact that this place has been dead for years. Activity on this site has really only ever involved only a handful of people which over time has died off to just a couple and that's really hard to bounce back from. Hippy has had some decent ideas of trying to get new people involved in this site in a relatively short time frame; however, there really is no easy short term solution for acquiring new users. This site has a good number of already registered users, yet if you can't even get any of the ones already registered to come back to put some much needed life into here how do you expect any new people to want to bother to do the same?

I've probably said this before, but if you really want to try to get people to join here then the whole Earth Eternal theme needs to go and be replaced by something else at the very least. As far as getting new users Youtube has been thrown around as an idea to get people to join which is still a decent way to get some exposure for the site. The only issue with getting a Youtube channel going is that a good sized community created around a channel takes a year or two at least and that's if you're lucky. All of that being said, I'm willing to do some recording if anyone wants figure out some games we can play together to at least get that started.

As far as the steam group goes that's an ok option in itself though I figure a Discord channel would be a far better option since that's already a dedicated chat/voice service. As far as using the Antilia forums goes I don't think that would be very beneficial to anything but that game itself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:41 pm 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
The Antilia suggest was more for helping people stay connected, but have moved on from EE.

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:55 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Main: Hippy Treehugger
Alt: Hispanic Metalhead
Alt: Damion Black
Alt: Insanity Forsaken
i can afford it, even when its so late in the year for me, the over all cost of keeping this alive is worth it. i'm thinking my cpu or board is bottlenecking my pc so streaming cpu heavy games is out of the question. and recording might be a half decent option.