Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cross Marian
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:17 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Cross Marian
ah...bored so i guess i'l just post some of my stuff, too many things for me to post all of em
that's kinda what our clan forums looked like, umm, i dont remeber my stats on my profile page

that's the Sleeping Forest clan page

and here's the clan rankings list

and here's my forum page

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Cross Marian
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Wow, seeing those pictures honestly brings back memories.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but seriously the most fun and memorable moments I had was in the Sleeping Forest clan.

I loved all the unique, original members of the clan; the clan chat was vibrant, engaging and just truly kept me laughing and smiling non-stop (which isn't easy). If you were ever feeling down or blue, as soon as you logged on you were feeling positive and uplifted. They gave you the motivation and enthusiasm to grind and I honestly don't think I would have reached level 50 without their constant support and encouragement (as I remember saying at the time, all my individual accomplishments are ultimately clan accomplishments, and that really is true in my opinion).

As soon as you joined everyone was welcoming you. Regardless of who you were, you were recognized as a valuable, contributing member of the clan; there was a real sense of mutual respect, pride, and even ownership in the clan, as long as you didn't take yourself too seriously and develop an 'inflated ego'. It was a generous and helpful clan, to which I think every single member is responsible for in some way. Everyone contributed something original and unique about themselves and their talents to the clan, whether it be art, jokes, game photos, or simply time. I think that's what set the clan apart; more than the rules of conduct to conform to, it wanted its members to not only keep whats unique to their personality, but valued them for it. Simply a great, diverse mix of unique personalities.

Even those times when you volunteer to help someone out, what at first seemed like time lost quickly became a 'wow, I'm really glad I did that. That was fun'. If I had to describe the clan culture, I could only describe it as a 'carnival'. True, the chat was often dirty and filthy . . . yeah I may of had a small part in that, but it was just so absurd I honestly laughed hard on many occasions.

I think the clan culture was truly original and irreplaceable. It may not have been considered the top clan however there truly was tremendous potential for growth; its members were passionate, dedicated, persistent, hard-working, loyal, smart, generous, motivated, team-players who shared a common vision and mission. THIS is what I saw in the name Sleeping Forest. I'm filled with nostalgia as I write this.

EDIT: I just had to add that I remember a moment when I was in a conflict with a player outside of the clan and before I even knew it I was surrounded by members of Sleeping Forest. I was truly touched that I meant enough to the members that they would stop what they're doing, take time out of the game, to come be by my side. They had my back; for the core group of players it was a very loyal group. Sure we were often silly, but if a member was even rumored to be in some conflict, there was a true swarm of support.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:56 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Eld Khran
Well said, Chaos. I don't really have anything to add.

But the chat being often dirty and filthy? I wouldn't say often, unless... is that the kind of stuff that happened when I wasn't logged in? Heh, I didn't ruin your fun did I? I can imagine it now: Oh no, Eld is here, everyone shut up and act normal!

All kidding aside, Sleeping Forest was my first and only clan. I had a lot of fun there, and may never have gotten to level 40 without it. There was a good mix of casual players, without too much focus on grinding. Everyone always had spare gear they were willing to give free or super cheap, and help was always there if you needed it.

By the way Cross, I have all the clan stats and roster information saved, including character profiles for everyone. If you want your profile data or anyone else's, let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:21 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Blog: View Blog (5)
Main: _
Seeing this makes me wanna bite Kasha's head off... <_< I dunno why tho. =P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:27 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Bored

Main: Jakob Axion
Alt: Shianu Sabaton
Alt: Abacus Watchtower
Scarlet Fire wrote:
Seeing this makes me wanna bite Kasha's head off... <_< I dunno why tho. =P

I don't know why, either. She was hardly even in the game at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 pm 
Just like Terra

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
I remember getting a clan/guild/club/cult membership offer from you.
Not really sure why I never accept it.
Then again, I hardly ever played the game, so, yeah.

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
I remember soon after I joined SF Cross was going to come to NYC for some computer convention thing and I eagerly wanted to meet up for coffee (or cough drops I guess . . . its all arbitrary anyway). Still, I was honestly disappointed we never did.

Anyway, I remember telling Cross how I wanted to do a portrait caricature of his character, but never got around to it. Sorry mate.

. . . btw, how awesome are you to have so many responses to your post? Looks like your this weeks forum Prom King !!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:45 pm 
Just like Terra

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
Ronin wrote:
Looks like your this weeks forum Prom King !!!

...As long as I'm not elected the forum spam queen, I'm good with that.
Oh, wait...DAMMIT.

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:28 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Asleep

Main: Mestri Whitefang
Alt: Mizakuma Zakarion
Alt: Starvald Demelain
Alt: Ransen Liger
After what ronin said, there's very little to add. SF was a a great clan - maybe when the games goes back up we can reform the clan, and make it more prominent. I was away for a bit because of starting school, but I'll be more active on the forums now.

Wizard's Second Rule: "Even the best of intentions can cause the greatest of harm." (Stone of Tears, Terry Goodkind)

Wizard's Third Rule: "Passion rules reason." (Blood of the Fold, Terry Goodkind)

I'm lazy, I'll get the other rules later.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 am 
Survivor

Mood: Amazed

Main: Kitty Bock
Alt: Kitty Rock (EEradio alt)
I loved the guys from SF, they were such a great clan...many were on my friends list. That said; I believe that to which Ronin referred could actually be better termed as 'adult humor', which I found hilarious. While I was not in on the clan side of it, I got in on the tidbits that leaked to region chat and/or via discussions with other members of their group.

I must admit...in my own EE clan, The Primal Fur, the Kitteh was known to get more than a little raunchy with the humor at times. So, it would have taken a lot to offend me. I think that perhaps when the game returns (notice how I put that in as a positive) we may have to go with the suggestion of one of my good friend's and start a clan of EEF's. Therein, we'd all know each other, so if we get mouthy, who cares?? Just a thought....

Kitty

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next