Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:56 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Jakob, Shianu, and Abacus
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:28 pm 
Talkative Survivor

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
whitski138 wrote:
Lately it's looking more like HWTV is veering off into a territory where it really couldn't be considered consistent with the EE world as we know it, so I'm thinking that it will actually not end up being considered personal canon for Jakob and Abacus. Even if that's the case, I don't plan on breaking the fourth wall with my HWTV content. The next GMG show is as close as I'll be getting to doing that.

I'm sorry about any 4th wall abuse, but honestly, you can pick and choose what parts of HWTV's community mythology to respect or not. I personally tried to keep the 5 anchor shows faithful to the setting, but some of the outsourced material is further out there than I personally would have taken it. This is just how community projects are likely to go sometimes, I didn't want to discourage anyone from having fun with it.

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:30 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Ronath Anuhir - 33
Alt: Annun Lkarna - 14
Alt: Thatus Thorrn - 7
What Yon said. I had a lot of the same worries when I first had Ronath in a HWTV show, but these days I figure if worst comes to worst I can deny any of this ever happened. :P Plus we'll be getting more serious/IC stuff with Project Scared Simian. ;D

Also, very glad to hear GMG 4 is in the works - I was worried we'd never see it grow beyond three!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:57 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Jakob Axion
Alt: Shianu Sabaton
Alt: Abacus Watchtower

I felt like re-making Jakob in EER just to see what he would look like. This is what came up (I had to get him all the way to Fort Stonehenge to take a pic with gear that didn't look out of place on him).

The picture doesn't show this, but does anyone else think the chest fur pattern on the new Foxen model is just... weird? Not weird as in disturbing but just as in not-natural-looking?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:30 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

\\\ Presenting Erin Whitmarsh ///

female Hart knight from Southshield, aged 23

Erin was barely 5 years old when her family went Faerie-sworn. Even though she and her younger brother Ander were left behind, the townspeople thought their blood was tainted, and they were left to grow up in an orphanage where they were not treated well, neither by the caretakers nor the other kids. Their only good friend growing up was Zora Stamkos, a Foxen girl who was considered "slow and ugly" by everyone else, and habitually treated even worse than the Whitmarshes. Ander was a natural fighter, though, and he encouraged Erin to stand up to their abusers as well, which they did. The other kids left them alone and even gradually grew to respect them once they were able to lick anyone who tried to bully them. The meeker Zora was just not a fighter, but she never failed to encourage the Whitmarshes when they got down.

Nobody wanted to adopt any of the trio, so Erin and Ander grew up together with Zora in the orphanage. By the time they were old enough to set out on their own, they were practically running the place themselves. Ander became a woodcutter, while Zora stayed on as a full-time caretaker at the orphanage, and part-time acolyte of the church. Erin would have done the same as Zora, but the townsfolk wouldn't let her be responsible for their kids, so she became a chef. Secretly, though, Erin and Ander both wanted to become knights, and fight to defend their homes against the Faerie-sworn and others who would threaten it. In this, too, they were denied, so they practiced the martial arts in secret and awaited their opportunity. Ander managed to make more friends in Southshield, but Erin's only close friend was still Zora. Even though the Foxen confided in Erin that she still felt like an outsider and that she believed she was homosexual, Erin stayed true to Zora.

Everything changed when Jakob Axion came to town for the Indian Summer Festival. After saving Zora from a Faerie-sworn trap, Jakob offered the "tainted trio" a new chance at life when he apprenticed the Whitmarshes and let Zora come live with them. It meant they had to move to Camelot, but now they had the promise of returning to their hometown as equals.

Erin and Ander are eternal optimists, always finding the good in life and seizing it by whatever means necessary. Ander is the better fighter, but he has a dark side: a pathological hatred for Faerie-sworn or anyone else who would pose a similar threat to Beastdom. This resonates with the darkness in Jakob's own heart, though Jakob is not conscious of that fact. Nevertheless, it is why Jakob has come to regard Ander as his protege. Erin is not bitter for this, but she does worry that her brother's zealotry could get him in trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 am 
Rescue Shipmate

Zora Stamkos, female Foxen from Southshield, aged 27

Given how bereft of moral character Zora's parents were, it could be considered a blessing on her life that her mother died in childbirth and her alcoholic father when she was six years old. Those first six years were enough for her to know neglect and abuse, but fortunately not the deflowering kind (her father did have at least that much good in him). After her father's death, conditions growing up in the orphanage were not much better, but at least there she had two close friends to support and even protect her. Those two were Erin and Ander Whitmarsh.
Zora was naturally a very loving person. Though she seldom stood up for herself, she was unfailing in her support for others who suffered injustice in the orphanage, as well as those who stood up to injustice. What brought on her sexual confusion was her own gentleness (as well as Erin's and a few other females in the orphanage) contrasted with the aggressive roughness of the males in her life (even Ander, when he got riled).
Jakob Axion was the first male she met that possessed what, to her, was the best of both worlds. The look of tender concern in his eyes as he looked into her paralyzed face, coupled with his unhesitancy to fight off the greater numbers of Faerie-sworn that came to collect her, burned into her mind and through her preconceptions of people. Jakob intrigued her, and she wanted to learn more about him, so when he invited her to come live with him along with Erin and Ander, she immediately accepted.

The story of Jakob, Erin, Ander, and Zora is not yet finished. More will be added here when the rest of the story is produced.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2