Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Yon Fildibeck
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:55 pm 
Talkative Survivor

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
Well, well, what's this? It seems I made screen captures of my 'default' gearset a few weeks before the closing of the server...

I compiled all the originally separate images into the composite above for a complete index of my equipment a month before closure. Of COURSE that's the hill near the Broods outside Bazzart!

My inventory box is a trip down memory lane for me, consisting of my 8-slot Gemmed Bags that were discontinued patch 0.8.3.

Discontinued constitution potions, discontinued armor boosting potions, old school level 50 healing potions before they went to the generic types up there along the top. Although I wasn't fond of PvP, I certainly could have made defeating me in it unspeakably expensive for all involved.

Some armor plans for a mage set (Polar Bear) that wasn't worth actually building because adept molds were too expensive, but I kept cause I was curious what the styles might have been.

Reagent Generator and Item Grinder, which I gifted myself when I hit level 50. I was trying to prove that Earth Eternal could be played 'to the top' without needing Credit Shop Items. Let it be known this was 100% true, and an incredible boast for an F2P game to make.

My two favorite talismans, which I kept in hopes there would be an Item Refashioner someday. I liked them enough to hold onto them despite them long being outperformed by other equipment. Pictures of these are actually on my first picture of the first post, a black rod with purple trim, and a purple book that matched my outfit.

Yes, next to the 3 Corsican Quest Healing Potions, that's the ORIGINAL speed potion from being a Beta Beast! I never used it. Beside it are a pair of impossible-to-get since patch 0.8.6 epic crafting components there that I forget the names of... Probably "Symbol of the Ice Brood" and "Symbol of the Sand Brood".

Some odd alternative equipment, like the Fishbowl Helm (from dear Deadhead Fred) and the Shroomie Cap (from the Great Oracle herself). A fair number of the items in there were alternative fashions I was playing with. I dedicated a lot of space to those.

Another character was holding onto the Ceremony Imbued Set (above) for me that I had collected once, fashion-modeled, dumped, then recollected again, but the chest was ruined in patch 0.8.8 when it turned spontaneously into another set of armor.

My "Beta Beast" banner is in there. I never made it to the super-party for the helmet or the rotating logo banner one.

Quite a number of stashed healing potions from the final month before closure when they were free, though usually my health was ironically decremented too quickly to use them effectively. Mages are fragile.

A stack of charms and essences from Vangar of the Rolsburg Mines. At my high level, he was the only mob worth fighting at all, so I spent a lot of time doing dives against him.

The stuff at the bottom was my MAX PSYCHE stuff - my default set was MAX POINTS. Mostly stuff like the Ghastly Spectre Wrap that pushed my psyche up another 32 (!) points. At the top of my psyche build, I was at 417, but it made me at just over 1000 HPs. This was fine for rambling and grinding regular monsters, but made me useless in dungeons!

Honestly, I had pretty much all there was to get except maybe a few stray-this-and-thats - try as I might, I never could find a better pair of psyche boosting sandals over the green set. Think I had about 50 some bought APs and a stat charm or two. I doubt I'd ever go through this sort of effort to build up a character this high again - that was 10 months of work there, though a sizable amount of it was spent on getting that unique look!

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:48 am 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Amused

Main: Brigantine Jack
Alt: Yensid Corsaro
Alt: Some dude in an office
An excellent find. Like digging up old sheets and artwork. Is it too early for nostalgia?

Also, why am I not surprised you wielded a 'Forbidden Knowledge Wand'? It's like the game was begging you to do something rash...

What'll ya have?
BAR FIGHT!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 pm 
Talkative Survivor

Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
Joe the Rat wrote:
An excellent find. Like digging up old sheets and artwork. Is it too early for nostalgia?

Also, why am I not surprised you wielded a 'Forbidden Knowledge Wand'? It's like the game was begging you to do something rash...

I don't think it's ever too early for nostalgia. The word is not in on the date of the return for the English-language server, nor is it assured that the characters or even the player accounts will be retained, so it could be months before we see this stuff again, if ever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:05 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Asleep

Main: Bleeding Bow
Alt: Mystic Tree
HOLY CRAAAAP!!

that's a lot of psyche..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2