Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:58 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heroic Bunny & Kyrie Frayae
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Heroic Bunny (old main)
Alt: Kyrie Frayae (PvP main)
Alt: Foreign Stranger (Iki)
Alt: Heroic Hamster (EER Beta)
Heroic Bunny, my first Open Beta EE char, the infamous Lone Slayer and breacher of everything.
Had lots of fun soloing the various dungeons of EE and snooping around closed Zones, plus I occasionally RP'd with this char, in spite of the blatantly non-RP name.

-Level: 52
-Date Created: 10/07/2009
-Race: Bounder
-Class: Druid
-Kills: 63,636
-Deaths: 242

Kyrie Frayae, my "main" character after I deleted my original EE account.
Didn't really have any plans for this char when I made it, but soon became the top lowbie (L10-19) PvPer. The limelight was nice while it lasted.

-Level: 18
-Date Created: 07/07/2010
-Race: Foxen
-Class: Rogue
-Kills: 1,340
-Deaths: 23

ALSO! - I managed to dig up Heroic's old RP bio. Standby for a wall of text.

~~~~~~~~~

Winter often holds a prominent place within the fascinations of the individual. The waltzing flakes, luminous ice crystals, and crisp atmosphere instill a feeling of both wonderment and tranquility. Mother Nature retreats beneath blankets of pure white snow, resting in peaceful slumber while those above wander through a myriad of magnificent beauty.

"Magnificent beauty, my [filtered]."
Gorrin hunched beside the withering flames of a feeble fire, clutching several sheets around his chilled body in an effort to stay warm. The Grumpkin innkeeper stared miserably into the hearth as he recalled what his mother had always preached about Winter. For all her eloquence, she had failed to make any real impression upon the stubborn mind of her offspring. Winter was, and always would be, a time of misery for him; the bone numbing cold and raging snowstorms hardly presented any images of wonderment and tranquility in the mind of the innkeeper. Even now, a howling gale tore through the outside air, blasting everything in its path with a crust of ice and rime.

Without warning, the inn door banged open, and the storm quickly flung its harsh breath through the aperture with almost gleeful fierceness. Gorrin scurried to shield his small fire from eminent destruction, roaring out over his shoulder as he did so. "Close that blasted thing before you freeze us to death!"

It was a Bounder. With the speedy vigor inherent to her race, she stepped inside, slamming the door in the face of the fiendish winds before turning to see the Grumpkin raking the ruined remains of his fire with a poker, completely uninterested in her in any way, shape, or form.

"As if it wasn't cold enough in here already," Gorrin muttered, shuffling across to a meager woodpile near the hearth. He selected a few of the largest logs, if they could be called logs, and tossed them into the smouldering hearth. "You'd think guests would at least have the decency to knock every now and again." He patted his various apron pockets abstractly with one hand while tightening the blankets around him with the other. "Where's that confounded flint'n'tinder..."

The Bounder, standing in the entrance way with ice and sleet crusted on her gear, strode across to the logs and clapped her hands together abruptly. There was a flash, and a burst of pale yellow light bathed the wood, sparking it into an almost eerie golden blaze. "I've always found Mystical flames to be somewhat more warming than the crude heat of a standard fire," she said in a shockingly coarse voice.

Gorrin raised an eyebrow, hesitating slightly before hunching down besides the now glowing hearth. It wasn't everyday that his guests pulled a trick like that. He extended his hands, noting the slight tingling sensation as they came into contact with the aura radiating from the unusual fire. Still, however unconventional it was, it did feel much more comforting than the scrawny embers he had previously scraped together.

The Grumpkin innkeeper turned his head to view the guest, who was too preoccupied brushing frozen residue off her gear to notice his observing gaze, or even him, for the matter. She was slightly taller than the average Beast, with a well refined form and hardy pale fur set against a bark colored base tone. Her armor looked as though it was designed to withstand not only blades, but the bitter environment as well: heavy grey boots and mitts were offset by tough crimson padding and a thick hood which obscured most of her face. As her side was buckled a talisman Gorrin recognized as a Stellar Atlas, along with a barbaric looking shortbow and a light quiver of barbed flights. Across her back was slung a scarlet staff emblazoned by golden trim, tipped by a lode of pinkish crystal, which, by some unseen force, hovered and spun above the tip of the polearm in a slow, rythmatic manner.

Perhaps the most striking feature of the Bounder, though, were her eyes. They glittered within the depths of her hood, shimmering with a bizarre ruby tint Gorrin had never encountered before. Steeled, yet soft at the same time; the innkeeper instinctively felt that these were the eyes of one who had beheld far more than any common adventurer could ever hope to visualize.

The Bounder glanced up at the Grumpkin suddenly, locking eyes with him. Embarrassed at having been caught staring at a female Beast, he coughed gruffly and hastily looked back at the hearth. "Er, hello, welcome to the Willowwisp, I mean Willowend, I mean..."

"Willow's Whim Inn, yes, saw the sign outside," the Bounder finished. "Odd name for a place like this, I must say." She unslung her staff and propped it up against the wall before reclining next to the fire. "Barely noticed it through the blizzard, though. Normally storms of this strength don't penetrate all the way into Camelot, which makes this lot decidedly abnormal."

"Worst I've seen in years," Gorrin agreed. He noticed that his guest barely seemed affected by the cold, apparently sitting by the fire merely for relaxation or form. He shook his head slightly, dispelling the piecemeal thoughts rambling through it. Obscure observations aside, he did have his duties as an innkeeper. "Anything I can get for you, miss?"

"A flagon of Firebrand Ale, thankee."

Gorrin grimmaced slightly. "That stuff's like acid for your guts, you'd probably poison yourself drinking a whole flagon. I only sell it in sho-"

The Bounder laughed heartily before he could finish. "Tahaharr! Ever tried a Rot Imbued Brew, mate? Firebrand is like lukewarm tea compared to that lot." She fished something out of her pocket and handed it across to her host. "But in case you need a little motivation, here, this will probably do for payment."

It was a small bar of what appeared to be some form of metal, but possessed an uncanny brilliance and glowed with a pale blue aura. Gorrin reached out slowly, touching it with his hand and drawing back sharply at the intense cold that stung his fingertips "What on Earth is that?"

The Bounder grinned. "I don't suppose you've ever heard of it. This is Frostbound Steel. Al'zahrazzi's minions in Ironstone often carry small amounts with them, and I was fortunate enough to obtain a few pieces during my last pass through that region. Most merchants will pay quite handsomely to get their hands on it."

Gorrin's jaw dropped like a rock. He couldn't help it. Here was some random nomad, showing up at his door during a fierce blizzard and offering an incredibly valuable metal for a drink! He dug out a glove from an apron pocket and accepted the Steel, placing it in one of his other, deeper pockets. "Rot Infused Brew, you say? Well, if you've downed something that foul sounding, I suppose you could handle a few swigs of Firebrand." He walked across to the bar, rummaging for a large mug while probing the Bounder for a little gossip. His curiosity was quite perked. "So, what's your name? You seem like someone with plenty of experience in adventuring."

The Bounder intensified the blaze in the hearth slightly with a snap of her fingers. "Hmm? Well, I've gone by many names, but in this realm I'm known simply as Heroic."

The Grumpkin innkeeper found the mug he was after and set about tapping a small barrel marked with an orange flame. "Heroic? That's an odd name. Er, no offense of course."

"Hah, none taken. You're not the first to say that." She drummed her fingers on the floor, watching the mystical flames dance about in flashing patterns of golden light. "Yea, I've been to more than a few places."

Gorrin finished filling the mug and walked back the fire, passing the ale to his guest. He sat opposite of her, pulling a small pipe from a pocket. "Care to elaborate?"

Heroic sipped the ale silently, still staring into the fire, its yellowed light reflecting strangely in her ruby eyes. There was a notable pause before she responded. "I'm not sure you would...like...such a story."

Now it was Gorrin's turn to laugh. "I've heard some mighty crazy things in my time, miss! I'm sure I could cope with whatever your tale is."

"Hmm. Well, I'll try to keep it simple then. Recounting all the events of my travels would probably take days."

The Grumpkin slid his pipe between his lips, taking a burning twig from the fire and lighting its contents. "Well, there's just us two here, with a cozy fire within and a freezing storm without. Since we're probably going to be here for a fair bit of time...let's hear it."

Last edited by Heroic on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Heroic Bunny & Kyrie Frayae
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Ronath Anuhir - 33
Alt: Annun Lkarna - 14
Alt: Thatus Thorrn - 7
I remember your RP bio - good stuff.

I also remember your snooping on the Longtail Gathering and GoB with Heroic - naughty, naughty, naughty. :P And you did a good job of leading Sebkha's Spring Rites event with Heroic ... Ronath got called up for a blessing! :O

One of my funnier memories of Heroic Bunny is when you got called out during the Shroomie Tales event. XD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:35 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

One of the few pics I have of Heroic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:14 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Heroic Bunny (old main)
Alt: Kyrie Frayae (PvP main)
Alt: Foreign Stranger (Iki)
Alt: Heroic Hamster (EER Beta)
Volvox wrote:

One of the few pics I have of Heroic.

Hah, I remember when you took that - it was during one of the Hart Fest mini-events. Good times. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:54 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Yes it was - and yes they were. I think it was you who made it clear to everyone that it was Singles Awareness Day. :lol: And I know you did some cool (read: lag volvox) spells in Bath too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:27 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Kriss Spire
Alt: Marlfox Scorch
Ah missed Heroic Bunny...twas so.....heroish....and bunnyish too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]