Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Site Revival & Expansion - Share Your Ideas!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:32 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Ember Swiftpaw
I'm temporarily taking up a mod position again to collect some input from whoever's still active here. We want to know what you, the community, want to see done with the site.

I can say that there will definitely be a major site overhaul, in which we will get a portal page, as well as sections for TERA and Guild Wars 2, with less emphasis on what this site has been up until now -- an Earth Eternal fansite. As Earth Eternal no longer exists, and likely won't anytime in the near future (if ever), we need to expand to welcome in new game communities. While this won't be a fast transition, Jackuul is currently brainstorming (in his limited spare time) on what can be done in the redesign, or what games we could promote, forum sections/designs of forum sections we could have on the site, and anything else site-related that needs to change.

It would be a great help if we could get some ideas from you guys, specifically if there are any other popular or up-coming games that have furry races and are likely to attract a following from the furry community. Anything helps, though, so post any suggestions you have here! :foxgrin:

-Ember

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Site Revival & Expansion - Share Your Ideas!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 am 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Nosted Blackeye
Alt: Raxis Narthus
Active is certainly a huge overstatement as far as i am concerned.... sorry for that.
but i did get on Tera and it seems to be a pretty decent game, i cant speculate as to if it will take off with other furs but i will say i has me debating on spending 60 bucks to buy it. i dont own a cc so its a rare thing if i buy anything online
id like to see a list or something that has furry themed games and content in other games.
to be fair this is how i found the last few online games ive tried so i guess im biased.
you could bill the site/have as eternal entertainment kinda like eeradio did after the first takedown?? just an idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm 
Dalek Approved

Blog: View Blog (2)
Main: Riparian Deepwell(Iki and original)
Alt: Kilias Shadowmane(Ikimonogatari)
Alt: Sparks Woodlight(Current)
Alt: Drenath Westbrook(Defunct)
Perhaps there should be a World of Warcraft section due to the fact it will soon have two furry races?

Image Image
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am the baddest motherf*$%er in the valley."-Ragoh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Silentwolf12 wrote:
Perhaps there should be a World of Warcraft section due to the fact it will soon have two furry races?

I actually hadn't thought about that one, but good point. It's definitely an idea I'll pass along.

Nosted wrote:
but i did get on Tera and it seems to be a pretty decent game, i cant speculate as to if it will take off with other furs but i will say i has me debating on spending 60 bucks to buy it. i dont own a cc so its a rare thing if i buy anything online
id like to see a list or something that has furry themed games and content in other games.
to be fair this is how i found the last few online games ive tried so i guess im biased.

I think someone here posted that they'd found a furry guild in TERA. It's not surprising, since the Popori have a very wide range of species you can customize them to be. I've seen raccoons, ferrets, cats, pandas, and I think I recall seeing one that looked like a beagle somewhere.

As for a list of games, yeah, I think Jackuul intends this site to be somewhat of a hub for MMOs that the furry community would enjoy, which is why we're asking to see if anyone knows of any others he could put up. Antilia, TERA, Guild Wars 2, and WoW (thanks to Silent) are the big ones at the moment, but if anyone can think of more, it'd be a great help!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:38 am 
Survivor

Main: Nosted Blackeye
Alt: Raxis Narthus
i can help some, i have a few ive tried including Holy Beast Online, Perfect World International
and for a furry virtual chat Feralheart. and yeah looking through Tera's forums ive found many fur-friendly and furry based ideas for guilds. also the char creation had an enormous selection of customizable looks well compared to most games ive played, ok, ok, i admit it short of EE i cant say ive ever seen more and thats just for popuries!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 pm 
Dalek Approved

Blog: View Blog (2)
Main: Riparian Deepwell(Iki and original)
Alt: Kilias Shadowmane(Ikimonogatari)
Alt: Sparks Woodlight(Current)
Alt: Drenath Westbrook(Defunct)
Also, perhaps there should be a Second Life section, due to the large furry community on there? I am aware that there is quite a bit of adult content in Second Life, but yeah.

Image Image
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am the baddest motherf*$%er in the valley."-Ragoh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:49 am 
Beast Survivor

Main: Oakheart Branch
Alt: Eric Tailchaser
Alt: Skyflower Bloodredmoon
Alt: GoodWin Southlake
Other than SL, anyone tried making avatars based on EE on say Furcadia?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 am 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
I don't know much about this game, but since you can play as a red panda (in various colors) I suppose it should count as something. I would suggest ToonTown as another "Furry" Family Game (without tails), but it's been having some issues lately. Anyway, I all I know is that, I think, it's Pay to Play. It's sorta of a family social game far as I can tell...

"Furry" Family Game: Pandanda

Not like we can limit to MMOs that require like a Nvidia graphics card. There are some Family-like MMO games out there that furries may like to join.

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Sly K wrote:
Not like we can limit to MMOs that require like a Nvidia graphics card. There are some Family-like MMO games out there that furries may like to join.

Of course not. There may be other games that we don't already have up that may not be big enough (playerbase-wise) to warrant their own big forums, but since this is going to be an all-around furry gaming site, it's good to have a lot of games that may appeal to the furry community. Not everyone's going to be playing TERA or Guild Wars 2, and Antilia isn't ready, of course.

As for Second Life, that could be an option. The only hitch with that is that this site needs to remain PG-13 (or even PG) because of Google Ads. They're pretty strict on what words they consider inappropriate. There is probably still a pretty big furry community in SL, however, so as long as people could remain relatively innocuous in their roleplaying or discussions (regardless of what goes on in-game), it'd be nice to try.

Perfect World International...I did play it for a relatively long amount of time a few years back, and there really didn't seem to be many furries around, but it's worth a mention, since Barbarians are particularly well-done, even if they're limited to 4 species, and Venomancers are akin to TERA's Elin race. Could be some interest.

I have a list of all these that are being suggested, so keep them coming if you know of any. :^_^:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:37 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Main: Jovan Tharis (Knight, Fangren)
Alt: Alatar Tharkun (Mage, Atavian)
Alt: Dax Orillion (Rogue, Foxen)
Alt: Kinto Tezera (Druid, Lisian)
Just popping in to give my two cents.

It depends what one classifies as a "furry" game; does it have to be completely composed of anthromorphic animal characters or can they just be a race among many and thus still act as an anchoring or rallying point (for a basic example, would World of Warcraft count due to the Worgen, Pandaren and Tauren?)?.

For the former, one suggestion that was brought up some time ago was "Skyrates," which has a good plethora of animal races (albeit the races are mostly a cosmetic choice) and while not exactly a standard MMO should prove different enough, as well as being completely F2P, to be suitable, at least as a discussion topic.