Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:47 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Site Revival & Expansion - Share Your Ideas!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:08 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Ember Swiftpaw
Talor wrote:
Just popping in to give my two cents.

It depends what one classifies as a "furry" game; does it have to be completely composed of anthromorphic animal characters or can they just be a race among many and thus still act as an anchoring or rallying point (for a basic example, would World of Warcraft count due to the Worgen, Pandaren and Tauren?)?.

For the former, one suggestion that was brought up some time ago was "Skyrates," which has a good plethora of animal races (albeit the races are mostly a cosmetic choice) and while not exactly a standard MMO should prove different enough, as well as being completely F2P, to be suitable, at least as a discussion topic.

It definitely does not have to be completely furry; even a single race qualifies. Of the main ones we have up so far, only Antilia and EE are games that devoted themselves to anthropomorphic races...games like that are not only hard to find, but they might not exactly be viable for a healthy playerbase (RIP EE). So anything goes, just as long as it has at least one furry race, or the ability to make furry characters (as in Second Life).

I think I vaguely remember Skyrates being mentioned a long time ago. I'll look it up and see if I can add it to the list. :foxsmile:

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:38 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Main: Hippy Treehugger
Alt: Hispanic Metalhead
Alt: Damion Black
Alt: Insanity Forsaken
e-store, like cafe press. if we make our own stuff "not of copy righted stuff like earth eternal" antho in general and advertise on our blogs and such. we could earn some $$ to keep TE alive :foxgrin:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:23 pm 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
What about webcomics? There are webcomics that will, or may, fit the furry style.

Like...

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Main: Jack Caesar
Alt: Vulnavia Bluefang
Alt: Inspector Gadget
Alt: Claudius Caesar
...what do comics have to do with games?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 pm 
Beast Survivor

Jackuul wrote:

Topic Title doesn't really limit to games, does it? :3

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Main: Ember Swiftpaw
Sly K wrote:
Jackuul wrote:

Topic Title doesn't really limit to games, does it? :3

^ Point.

The original aim of the thread was to get ideas for the site. Still, though, for a site revolving around a furry gaming community...not quite sure how comics fit into that. Personally though, if there's enough interest in it, I could see maybe having a forum section for people to post web comics, but that decision would come down to Jackuul himself and what he wants for the site.

As for an e-store, Hippy, not sure quite what exactly could be sold on the site, but it's an interesting idea. I'll add it to the list of things to consider, though it's probably a long shot. :;3:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:32 pm 
Beast Survivor

Ember wrote:
The original aim of the thread was to get ideas for the site. Still, though, for a site revolving around a furry gaming community...not quite sure how comics fit into that. Personally though, if there's enough interest in it, I could see maybe having a forum section for people to post web comics, but that decision would come down to Jackuul himself and what he wants for the site.

Alright... :sads:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 am 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Eschia Mousehold
Alt: Wolfee Darkfang
I think we need sections for both EverQuest II and WoW, considering they also offer anthropomorphic races. They aren't new games though. Just a suggestion.

EverQuest II Offers; Ratonga, Kerra, Iksar, Sarnak, and Froglok.
World of Warcraft offers; Pandaran, Wargon, and Draenei (if you see them as furry).

Also Realms Online (AKA Regnum Online) is now offering a race called Lamai.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 am 
Beast Survivor

Eschia wrote:

o_o It's like seeing a skeleton covered in fur...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Eschia Mousehold
Alt: Wolfee Darkfang
Yea they are hideous but they have bunny ears lol.