PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:49 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Silentwolf12 wrote:
Ronin wrote:
That's because it is not implemented yet. Also, adding new widgets for Sly to play with like cat-toys is certainly not a "rebirth". Is this the "major expansion" to the site we were promised? If so it's a "major disappointment."

Image\

Just my opinion but I'm not impressed and find the features rather useless. The site didn't need a new graphic layout; it needs direction and a plan which is solely lacking. It also needs fair and unbias moderators that apply the forum rules and guidelines equally. Failing to do so sends a message to visitors that this is a site that plays favoritism and will certainly repel visitors away.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Rebirth.
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Mood: Amused

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Icey Wyvern
Alt: Demonic Dragon
I personally believe that this makes this site much, much more confusing to navigate through, but it does have a certain charm to it that makes it likable enough despite the confusion it brings.

Ronin wrote:
Just my opinion but I'm not impressed and find the features rather useless. The site didn't need a new graphic layout; it needs direction and a plan which is solely lacking. It also needs fair and unbias moderators that apply the forum rules and guidelines equally. Failing to do so sends a message to visitors that this is a site that plays favoritism and will certainly repel visitors away.

The site didn't need a new graphic layout, but this is Jack's forum; he may do so as he wishes to it regardless if any changes he makes are unnecessary. Also, I don't get where you're pulling this 'favoritism' card...Perhaps an explanation would help?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:05 pm 
Beast Survivor

Icey_Flyer wrote:

The site didn't need a new graphic layout, but this is Jack's forum; he may do so as he wishes to it regardless if any changes he makes are unnecessary. Also, I don't get where you're pulling this 'favoritism' card...Perhaps an explanation would help?

Sure! Even in this thread I'm called out for "flaming" and being off-topic after a single post where the moderators did not intervene at all in Sly's deliberate and calculated effort to defecate all over the "Update on Piggypops and John Yoo" thread. He continued to purposely derail the thread with a malicious and spiteful attempt to sabotage it. Again, any post I make needs to have Sly attack me with passive agression. When I tried repeatedly to steer the topic back on-topic it was only met with more immature and childish responses from him. As the creator of the thread in question I had every right to request that the thread be on-topic but Sly's chronic disease has him to have to have the last word (which he got before the thread was locked after FIVE pages of Sly's off-topic derail) and insult me with every opportunity. After the thread was locked and 'hidden' away to bury the evidence I politely requested what sanctions and consequences for Sly's behavior was made and was denied a response suggesting no corrective action was taken. Due to the lack of communication and transparency I'm taking the issue here which could have been avoided by having the courtesy to respond. Again, there is an obvious double-standard by allowing Sly to derail an interesting thread on the updates on Piggypops and John Yoo's current projects with FIVE pages of sheer B.S. while calling me out after one single post. All I requested was some accountability but there is a gross favoritism and bias. When Sly is clearly spewing verbal diarrhea on the forums the only response is to bury the evidence and try to ignore it while calling me out publicly after referencing it.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:16 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Mood: Amused

Main: Icey Wyvern
Alt: Demonic Dragon
Looking through the posts in question, clearly you're both at fault, for different reasons.

Admittedly,Sly could have kept his opinion on John Yoo to himself and simply said that he 'disliked' him, but that's obviously beyond anything now.

However. The thing is, you started to attack him with this post:

Ronin wrote:
Sly K wrote:
Loved EE before a certain update, EER was a disappointment however.

Sadly Sly, unfortunately I didn't create this thread to be about YOU and your hateful, toxic negativity. I'm truly sorry that the entire world doesn't revolve around you. Please refrain from attempting to derail and humiliate Piggypops and John Yoo. Perhaps if have nothing pleasant to say about them you should refrain from posting in the thread. Again, I'm SOoo sorry this thread isn't about you. My apologies.

Sly, in turn, started to respond.

Now, the only thing I know is that you two dislike each other immensely, and, well, this happens. However, was it really necessary to continue after him, because of a 'last word'?

Sly, the fact that you were blatantly continuing to post despite Ronin pleading with you to stop shows that you obviously have not forgiven Ronin for past deeds and that you are willing to play bait with him. Why?

Ronin, there was absolutely no need to continue after him on that; it's actually the only reason, at least, in my opinion, that this trouble had to exist at all. You didn't need the last word either; why couldn't you let it go?

And now I'm hungry so I'll go on my lunch break now.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:25 pm 
Beast Survivor

Icey_Flyer wrote:
Looking through the posts in question, clearly you're both at fault, for different reasons.

Clearly, I disagree. Saying we're both at fault equally ignores the fact that I was insisting the thread go back on-topic, which as the creator of the thread in question I had every right to do so. Again, this was my thread, not Sly's. Sly was the one that simply could not drop the issue and had to continue derailing the thread for FIVE pages! This is inexcusable and a moderator did not intervene ONCE except to lock it and bury the evidence.

Icey_Flyer wrote:
However. The thing is, you started to attack him with this post:

Ronin wrote:
Sly K wrote:
Loved EE before a certain update, EER was a disappointment however.

Sadly Sly, unfortunately I didn't create this thread to be about YOU and your hateful, toxic negativity. I'm truly sorry that the entire world doesn't revolve around you. Please refrain from attempting to derail and humiliate Piggypops and John Yoo. Perhaps if have nothing pleasant to say about them you should refrain from posting in the thread. Again, I'm SOoo sorry this thread isn't about you. My apologies.

I stand by my response as his posts were clearly and obviously intended to mock the thread in question and his persistent responses and replies, which were completely off-topic, clearly demonstrated he wished the thread to revolve around him and for all attention to revolve around him. I in no way regret calling him out for wanting to make the thread about him. Again, even in the quote you quoted I made it clear that he should cease commenting in the thread if he was not going to be on-topic. He did not do so.

Icey_Flyer wrote:
Now, the only thing I know is that you two dislike each other immensely, and, well, this happens.

Ronin, there was absolutely no need to continue after him on that; it's actually the only reason, at least, in my opinion, that this trouble had to exist at all. You didn't need the last word either; why couldn't you let it go?

Again, as the creator of the thread I was merely evoking my right to insist the thread remain on topic. The thread demonstrates on numerous occassions I attempted to steer the discussion back on topic only to have Sly respond over and over again with flames and derail. He efforts ultimately were rewarded and he clearly got what he wanted by having the thread locked and moved. This was his goal and he not only escaped punishment, but was even rewarded for it by giving him precisely what he wanted!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:38 pm 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
So how soon will we see this portal implemented? o.o

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Main: Jack Caesar
Alt: Vulnavia Bluefang
Alt: Inspector Gadget
Alt: Claudius Caesar
When it is fully completed.

A full reworking of the site is being done, the portal will have useless aspects removed, while more enhancements made to direct flow of traffic to the forums and games they are seeking.

Additional module updates will also be worked in, as the site is now running on the latest infrastructure.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:15 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Main: Ember Swiftpaw
The aim of the site is to make it look more aesthetically pleasing in order to bring in new members (and yes, that means branching out into new games that furries would/do enjoy). The theme is somewhat haphazard right now, and a new one is being worked on. Can't really get a lot of new members if the site isn't looking too good. Some change is better than no change, because with no change, this site will remain a very small community and eventually die out.

Personally I like the portal page so far, but we'll be able to see better when the theme is cleaned up and simplified.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:43 am 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Off topic : I have a jar of dirt. Ron can have it if he melllllllllows........k?

On topic: What porthole? Has Jack joined the navy? Thought he was a jackul not a S.E.A.L............ :highfive:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:26 am 
Puddi

Main: Wake Duskleaf (Druid)
Alt: Razek Velvetvoid (Rogue)
Alt: Cyan Arctek (Knight)
Alt: Adrian Tenek (Mage)
I won't bother you all and commenting on how derailed this thread has become...
But that I just did so, Whatever.

I like the portal idea. Just need a few adjustments, as it's not optimal yet.
Navigating on this site is easy for now and I think the cause of that is everything is on the same page. Everything.
And if the site is going to expand we could need a better layout for that forum page. (board index)
Looking forward for improvments. I like where this is going.