All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Revival: What To Expect
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Ember Swiftpaw
Revival: What To Expect

We’ve got some big changes on the way, and we’ll need help, as well as more suggestions on what you’d like to see here. This site, and EE itself, was long known to be somewhat of a haven for furries, even though not all of us are. We plan to expand on that, while trying to keep the balance so that non-furry friends don’t feel segregated from the rest of the community.

Changes Already Planned

Complete re-vamp of forums. A WoW block of forum will be added (thanks to Spec for the banner!). Earth Eternal content will be compacted; General Fandom forum section to be added, focusing on the furry part of the community (including sub-forums such as Furry Roleplay, Furry Fan-art—including comics, perhaps, if anyone likes doing them, and General Furry Chat). General Chat section to be left as-is, with a few improvements. New General Game forum section to be added, with smaller subforums for each of the less mainstream games suggested in our last feedback post.
New themes. A simplistic theme is almost done, and will be applied to the whole site when it’s ready. Portal widgets will be edited and moved around/deleted to make the page more attractive and less cluttered. In addition to the new theme, new forum icons are being worked on, to replace the now-redundant shroomie buttons. Current idea is to use pawprints for the icons (which currently Jack is experiencing some difficulty with due to sizing issues – if anyone’s experienced enough to give it a try, that would help a bunch!). Old forum themes will remain available, however, for anyone that prefers the ones we have now.
Advertising. Since the site does not make enough money to cover fees for standard advertising, we’ll have to rely more on word-of-mouth. The hope is that, with a new theme, and refreshed forums, any new people will be more inclined to stay and chat.
Chat box changes. It’s likely that the current chat widget will be removed, and we will return to the older chat widget, which had archives. Not having archives for the chat box has proven to be a challenge in terms of moderating.

So, where do you guys come in? We’d like more feedback from you, and this time, it would be great to hear your thoughts, opinions, likes/dislikes about the direction this forum is headed. We don’t want to alienate anyone, and the intent is to make this site more targeted towards the furry culture, yet not so deep into it that it makes non-furry friends uncomfortable (hence the furry fandom-specific forums for the heavier furry talk). If anyone has any qualms with this, or thinks other people might, let us know, and give us your honest opinion about what could be changed.

In addition to feedback, we will be asking for help on advertising. If you have any friends that enjoy games, furry or not, especially one of the big games with their own forums here, please tell them about this site once the remodel is done. If you’re a member of any furry communities, i.e. furry chat forums or furry art sites, see if you can spread the word about TerraEternus. We hope that by word of mouth we can slowly start to gain new members, and bring these forums to life again.

Feedback, go! :happydance:

-Ember

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Revival: What To Expect
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Main: Jack Caesar
Alt: Vulnavia Bluefang
Alt: Inspector Gadget
Alt: Claudius Caesar
Chicken Cheddar Ranch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:05 pm 

Mood: Amused

Main: Nex Addo
Alt: Fox Firestrike
Alt: Nex Ferito
Alt: Nex Militis
Jackuul wrote:
Chicken Cheddar Ranch.

Delivered!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:47 am 
Lifeboat Captain

Mood: Amused

Main: Icey Wyvern
Alt: Demonic Dragon
Since no actual feedback has been given, I shall toss in my two cents.

I believe that a 'Pony' sub-forum should be added. I shouldn't have to explain this, but I digress. The reason why is because a few (Who shall be unnamed) seem to dislike the presence of ponies that are 'infecting' the forums. As such, it is a very small minority, but given how small this community already is, I can see it becoming a problem later when the revamps do happen (Or already have happened, I don't know), if this increases to a substantial amount of people.

A pony sub-forum would divide the forum, yes, but it would also make sure that the two parties are kept away from each other; although I honestly don't understand why you would support and enjoy the furry fandom and not support and hate the pony fandom.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:00 pm 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
Icey_Flyer wrote:
Since no actual feedback has been given, I shall toss in my two cents.

I believe that a 'Pony' sub-forum should be added. I shouldn't have to explain this, but I digress. The reason why is because a few (Who shall be unnamed) seem to dislike the presence of ponies that are 'infecting' the forums. As such, it is a very small minority, but given how small this community already is, I can see it becoming a problem later when the revamps do happen (Or already have happened, I don't know), if this increases to a substantial amount of people.

A pony sub-forum would divide the forum, yes, but it would also make sure that the two parties are kept away from each other; although I honestly don't understand why you would support and enjoy the furry fandom and not support and hate the pony fandom.

Gonna have to second to that, due to a few members' inappropriate behavior in regards of Pony in the chat. It really gives the site bit of a bad image in general and to bronies/fans of the show. Whether they're joking around or not, it's not needed here.

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:59 pm 
Just like Terra

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
We need a section worshiping me.

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:07 am 
Beast Survivor

Terranova wrote:
We need a section worshiping me.

You were given the random forum, what more do you want?

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:12 pm 
Just like Terra

You think that's enough?

NO

I deserve a shrine that specifically worships the one and only Terranova!

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:41 pm 
Beast Survivor

Terranova wrote:
You think that's enough?

NO

I deserve a shrine that specifically worships the one and only Terranova!

-points at the random thread- =P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:17 am 
Just like Terra

'Yes Terra this is where you spam'

NO

IT MUST SPECIFICALLY STATE 'SHRINE OF TERRANOVA MASTERMIND OF CHEESE'