Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Revival: What To Expect
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 am 

Mood: Amused

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Nex Addo
Alt: Fox Firestrike
Alt: Nex Ferito
Alt: Nex Militis
Terranova wrote:
MASTERMIND OF CHEESE'

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:23 am 
Just like Terra

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
WHERE IS MY SHRINE

MY PEOPLE NEED A SHRINE TO WORSHIP ME

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:36 am 

Terranova wrote:
WHERE IS MY SHRINE

MY PEOPLE NEED A SHRINE TO WORSHIP ME

When I'm done using it I'll give it back

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 pm 
Survivor

Main: Castleton Nova - 24
Alt: Atraxiad Moryn - 23
Alt: Desyrontoal Ky - 0
Ember wrote:
Complete re-vamp of forums. A WoW block of forum will be added (thanks to Spec for the banner!). Earth Eternal content will be compacted; General Fandom forum section to be added, focusing on the furry part of the community (including sub-forums such as Furry Roleplay, Furry Fan-art—including comics, perhaps, if anyone likes doing them, and General Furry Chat). General Chat section to be left as-is, with a few improvements. New General Game forum section to be added, with smaller subforums for each of the less mainstream games suggested in our last feedback post.

Absolutely not. This is exactly what these forums should NOT be doing! This site is THE last bastion for Earth Eternal, and we have a forum member trying to keep the game alive. That should be given some consideration. Also, Don't shrink down Earth Eternal's section; Don't give WoW a section; and Don't give furries a section. Earth Eternal is the reason why I'm here, and I find it appalling that you want to reduce its legacy. As for WoW, you think Terranova is bad? If you bring in WoW players, what y'all bring will make Terranova look like an obedient forum admin's pet. I know, I've tried WoW for the 2 week trial. I'm never touching it again. Finally, don't you realize the very bad and creepy stigma that Furries have on the general populace? The general public, which you are trying to cater to, will avoid this place like the plague because of the mere presence of furries.
Quote:
New themes. A simplistic theme is almost done, and will be applied to the whole site when it’s ready. Portal widgets will be edited and moved around/deleted to make the page more attractive and less cluttered. In addition to the new theme, new forum icons are being worked on, to replace the now-redundant shroomie buttons. Current idea is to use pawprints for the icons (which currently Jack is experiencing some difficulty with due to sizing issues – if anyone’s experienced enough to give it a try, that would help a bunch!). Old forum themes will remain available, however, for anyone that prefers the ones we have now.

The default forum there should be Earth Eternal themed. This site should pay homage to its origins.
Quote:
Advertising. Since the site does not make enough money to cover fees for standard advertising, we’ll have to rely more on word-of-mouth. The hope is that, with a new theme, and refreshed forums, any new people will be more inclined to stay and chat.

The site is for-profit?
Quote:
Chat box changes. It’s likely that the current chat widget will be removed, and we will return to the older chat widget, which had archives. Not having archives for the chat box has proven to be a challenge in terms of moderating.

No. Keep the new chat widget. Never switch back to the old widget. Doing so would be unethical and evil.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 am 
Just like Terra

Casanova wrote:
You think Terranova is bad? If you bring in WoW players, what y'all bring will make Terranova look like an obedient forum admin's pet.

I laughed so hard at this because this is so goddamn true

Casanova wrote:
Finally, don't you realize the very bad and creepy stigma that Furries have on the general populace? The general public, which you are trying to cater to, will avoid this place like the plague because of the mere presence of furries.

Same goes for ponies and yet they seem to be more well accepted

Casanova wrote:
No. Keep the new chat widget. Never switch back to the old widget. Doing so would be unethical and evil.

But why

Nex wrote:
When I'm done using it I'll give it back

NO YOU'RE GETTING IT DIRTY MOMMY HELP ME

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 am 
Lifeboat Captain

Main: Icey Wyvern
Alt: Demonic Dragon
You get your 'shrine' back when you stop acting like a little kid.

Also, my point still stands; pony sub-forum, because we have enough annoying people spamming ponies around to merit them with their own sub-forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:05 am 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
Casanova wrote:
Finally, don't you realize the very bad and creepy stigma that Furries have on the general populace? The general public, which you are trying to cater to, will avoid this place like the plague because of the mere presence of furries.

This is pretty much a furry community looking for games with anthro creatures, like Antilia. EE was the start of it... however EE has lost it's thunder and purpose by EER. There are still people out there who would like to play Greth's version, which is before EER,... but personally I lost interest in it a long time ago. It had potential, but it was lacking something different, other than non-cliche races.

EE was a great game during Sparkplay era... but after that it was never the same. EER caused a huge decrease of members with their requirement for a facebook account and Japanese models. Also keep in mind furries were the majority players during Sparkplay's time, but by EER it was dramatically dropped when Piggypops pretty much said the game failed because of furries and it being called a "furry game". Basically drove the majority of players away... causing it to lose it's luster and momentum, then slowly die away into the abyss.

Furries were willing to support the game under Sparkplay's rule because it felt like paradise, living with other furries, their own kind.

Furries loved the game that you also loved... and here you are calling them the plague... thanks for the appreciation.

Furries are the majority of the site's community here... you chase them away, this site dies as well, and there goes the last bastion of Earth Eternal.

As for WoW... no... do not want.

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:40 am 
Just like Terra

Not everyone that played the game that enjoyed it were furries, Piggypops was right when the mass influx of furries started calling it a 'furry' game caused it to fail; that gave off the very generalization that the game was intended only for furries and as such should have been avoided in that case. What Piggypops said was true only because people kept saying it was a 'furry' game; sure, it may have caused immense unrest to everyone that was offended by it, but come on, if someone like Piggy had to say that, you know that the community has made a huge generalization for other people that never should have been made.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:55 pm 

Terranova wrote:
Not everyone that played the game that enjoyed it were furries, Piggypops was right when the mass influx of furries started calling it a 'furry' game caused it to fail; that gave off the very generalization that the game was intended only for furries and as such should have been avoided in that case. What Piggypops said was true only because people kept saying it was a 'furry' game; sure, it may have caused immense unrest to everyone that was offended by it, but come on, if someone like Piggy had to say that, you know that the community has made a huge generalization for other people that never should have been made.

^ this x1000

People are getting the wrong idea about what happened. Furries did not ruin EE. Furries praising EE as a "furry game" ruined EE. Completely different in the mind of the general gamer. A game with furries in it (inevitable) ≠ a game for furries (huge turnoff).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:12 pm 
Beast Survivor

Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
I still stand by it >.>...

*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next