Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:42 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Revival: What To Expect
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Kriss Spire
Alt: Marlfox Scorch
Wow. All anger and no bottles to ship it out. In any case the PF game is up and running pretty well so far. It's not up at the moment but to see the old EE the way it was and was loved by all seems to work. As far as why it died originally. Yea, not going there. Focus on what is here and now and let the past go.

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:06 pm 
Survivor

Main: Tremblewith
When I joined up with Earth Eternal, it was during EER. I had kept a close eye on the game prior (Sparkplay Media), but never could convince myself to play the game. I read the forums daily, and understood the issues people had with EER. Joining Earth Eternal in 0.8.6 (Gref's server), has really gave me a lot of ideas of how the game was during it's ownership with Sparkplay Media.

Look, we all know EER was an absolute failure. Piggypops dropped the ball when he pushed the game out in beta and:
-Facebook to play the game
-Models removed
-Memory leaks
-Unfinished UI
-Quest tracker issues
-Moderaters that lied to the community, and closed threads like no tomorrow
-Not listening to the players
-Piggypops dissapearing for weeks, then coming back and saying he isn't the community manager anymore, and no one was going to step up
-Calling the whole "furry" thing as a reason why the game failed
-Promising rewards for leveling up in the beta, once the game is out of beta (game never got out of beta)

Man, the list just keeps on going! But that's the past, as many people have stated. The future is bright, with almost a fully functional Earth Eternal server up and running by our community member, Gref. It's exciting, and who knows what the future could hold for this game. Maybe it will kick off and become equally as popular as the original EE from back in the day. :happydance:

Planet Forever
Perfect World International
Torchlight II

My Youtube w/ gameplay videos: http://www.youtube.com/thecryotonic
My website: http://www.gdevtalk.net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 pm 
Survivor

Main: Nosted Blackeye
Alt: Raxis Narthus
Oh man! i so hope your right. i tried eer for a while but the whole mess was just depressing
as far as the "Furries ruined EE goes what a crock... way to blame it on the fans if everyone had just shut the lleh up about the so callede "furry problem" the stigma would have been forgotten

Dog bless Grethnefar!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 pm 
Just like Terra

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
Nosted wrote:
as far as the "Furries ruined EE goes what a crock... way to blame it on the fans if everyone had just shut the lleh up about the so callede "furry problem" the stigma would have been forgotten

tremblewithfear6 wrote:

Nex wrote:
Terranova wrote:
Not everyone that played the game that enjoyed it were furries, Piggypops was right when the mass influx of furries started calling it a 'furry' game caused it to fail; that gave off the very generalization that the game was intended only for furries and as such should have been avoided in that case. What Piggypops said was true only because people kept saying it was a 'furry' game; sure, it may have caused immense unrest to everyone that was offended by it, but come on, if someone like Piggy had to say that, you know that the community has made a huge generalization for other people that never should have been made.

^ this x1000

People are getting the wrong idea about what happened. Furries did not ruin EE. Furries praising EE as a "furry game" ruined EE. Completely different in the mind of the general gamer. A game with furries in it (inevitable) ≠ a game for furries (huge turnoff).

I will explain the one serious post I have made so far here because people are still getting it wrong

Furries were the problem because they kept making a huge generalization that should never have been made, which, while was unavoidable to all hell, shouldn't have ever been made. Furries are (One) of the reasons why the game didn't have the mass-market appeal that other games have, because the community was mostly composed of furries, which turns away other potential players because they do not want to be associated with furries, when in actuality the game was never meant to especially cater towards furries.

Call it what you want but the furries with the loud mouths praising EE as a 'furry game' turned away other people from playing the game, which caused the game to fail, and Piggypops was justified in saying so.

Also how the hell does this all relate to making the forum a better place

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:50 pm 
Survivor

Main: Tremblewith
Terranova wrote:
Nosted wrote:

tremblewithfear6 wrote:

Nex wrote:
Terranova wrote:
Not everyone that played the game that enjoyed it were furries, Piggypops was right when the mass influx of furries started calling it a 'furry' game caused it to fail; that gave off the very generalization that the game was intended only for furries and as such should have been avoided in that case. What Piggypops said was true only because people kept saying it was a 'furry' game; sure, it may have caused immense unrest to everyone that was offended by it, but come on, if someone like Piggy had to say that, you know that the community has made a huge generalization for other people that never should have been made.

^ this x1000

People are getting the wrong idea about what happened. Furries did not ruin EE. Furries praising EE as a "furry game" ruined EE. Completely different in the mind of the general gamer. A game with furries in it (inevitable) ≠ a game for furries (huge turnoff).

I will explain the one serious post I have made so far here because people are still getting it wrong

Furries were the problem because they kept making a huge generalization that should never have been made, which, while was unavoidable to all hell, shouldn't have ever been made. Furries are (One) of the reasons why the game didn't have the mass-market appeal that other games have, because the community was mostly composed of furries, which turns away other potential players because they do not want to be associated with furries, when in actuality the game was never meant to especially cater towards furries.

Call it what you want but the furries with the loud mouths praising EE as a 'furry game' turned away other people from playing the game, which caused the game to fail, and Piggypops was justified in saying so.

Also how the hell does this all relate to making the forum a better place

What ruined Sparkplay Media (thus ruining Earth Eternal), was highlighted in detail by our own forum member, Greth. The company had a falling out, and pretty much screwed themselves. It is to be noted that Redpoint Ventures and Prism Ventureworks both threw 4 million dollars in the pot, to fund the game for Piggypops and his staff. The result was a few months later, the game out of funds. While some can argue that there wasn't enough players in-game to buy the cash shop items, to provide profit for the company... For 4 million dollars, anyone should be able to get decent advertisements on Google Ads, YouTube, etc. It doesn't "just" take a loyal fan-base to make a community; often times it really does take advertising the game (your product).

The game was tailored to people who wanted to play anthropomorphic characters, yes. Players that called the game a "furry game", really didn't ruin the company from making profit and the game becoming popular. What really ruined it was the poor management of the entire title. Piggypops blatantly sold the game off to a company who didn't want him in the picture, lied multiple times to the community about the future and present status of the game, stepped down as the game developer and forum community manager, and gave up - letting the new company close the game for the final time.

Ultimately, this information does have merit to the thread. The game is being pushed out again, by our community member, Greth. When he has it working very well, the entire forums could be the main hub and interaction out of game, for players of his server. What I've stated above, is really just background information, leading up to present. :foxgrin:

Planet Forever
Perfect World International
Torchlight II

My Youtube w/ gameplay videos: http://www.youtube.com/thecryotonic
My website: http://www.gdevtalk.net

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 am 
Dalek Approved

Blog: View Blog (2)
Main: Riparian Deepwell(Iki and original)
Alt: Kilias Shadowmane(Ikimonogatari)
Alt: Sparks Woodlight(Current)
Alt: Drenath Westbrook(Defunct)

Seriously, guys. This is ridiculous, arguing over EEF and why it failed. It failed and that's a fact. Can't we just leave it in the past and chill out and go sip lemonade and hug ponies together or something?

Image Image
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am the baddest motherf*$%er in the valley."-Ragoh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:01 am 
Just like Terra

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
tremblewithfear6 wrote:

What ruined Sparkplay Media (thus ruining Earth Eternal), was highlighted in detail by our own forum member, Greth. The company had a falling out, and pretty much screwed themselves. It is to be noted that Redpoint Ventures and Prism Ventureworks both threw 4 million dollars in the pot, to fund the game for Piggypops and his staff. The result was a few months later, the game out of funds. While some can argue that there wasn't enough players in-game to buy the cash shop items, to provide profit for the company... For 4 million dollars, anyone should be able to get decent advertisements on Google Ads, YouTube, etc. It doesn't "just" take a loyal fan-base to make a community; often times it really does take advertising the game (your product).

The game was tailored to people who wanted to play anthropomorphic characters, yes. Players that called the game a "furry game", really didn't ruin the company from making profit and the game becoming popular. What really ruined it was the poor management of the entire title. Piggypops blatantly sold the game off to a company who didn't want him in the picture, lied multiple times to the community about the future and present status of the game, stepped down as the game developer and forum community manager, and gave up - letting the new company close the game for the final time.

Ultimately, this information does have merit to the thread. The game is being pushed out again, by our community member, Greth. When he has it working very well, the entire forums could be the main hub and interaction out of game, for players of his server. What I've stated above, is really just background information, leading up to present. :foxgrin:

No offense but everything I was typing was relating to advertisement by word of mouth

Silentwolf12 wrote:

Seriously, guys. This is ridiculous, arguing over EEF and why it failed. It failed and that's a fact. Can't we just leave it in the past and chill out and go sip lemonade and hug ponies together or something?

This isn't arguing this is debating get it right

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:28 pm 
Survivor

Main: Twilight Sparkle
Alt: Twilight
Alt: Twi
Alt: Twily
Oh, a debate? I enjoy debates, they really get your mind going! :) One thing is bothering me though, I've never seen the word "furry" used as a noun before, is this something new?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 am 
Survivor

Main: Nosted Blackeye
Alt: Raxis Narthus
True nuff:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:51 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Main: Ember Swiftpaw
Wow, been gone for too long.

Okay, first, no, EE was not a game targeted towards furries, but there were a lot of furries playing it. There are a lot of furries on this forum still. Not everyone here is a furry, and we respect that, however the common theme among most EE players was that we liked playing animals as characters. Sure, there were some players that preferred the fur-less races instead, but as a whole, a major draw to the game was the variety in races to choose from.

Due to this, the forum will be slanted towards people that like anthropomorphic characters. Not furries, per se, but just a gathering of gamers that like games similar to EE. Every game listed (or will be, in smaller forums) is similar in some way, and as I stated before, there will be furry-specific forums for the less tame topics that might put off non-furs. If you've been on this forum for any length of time, you've already seen a lot of chat between furries. You've already endured furry chat, even if you, yourself, are not part of that culture. You'd have to be okay with a certain degree of furry discussion, to begin with, to still be on these forums.

Grethnefar's revival of the old EE is awesome, and everyone's very happy about that, but EE in itself does not hold enough of a draw to warrant having a forum fully dedicated to it. This is why we are branching out; people will be able to find players from other games that they may be interested in, or suggest games to others when they grow bored of whichever one they're currently playing. It is meant to be somewhat of an anthropomorphic hub for gamers. There are many that enjoy animalistic races, furry or not.

And no, Jack does not host this site for profit. It's actually quite a money sink right now, as it makes virtually no money at all. It would be nice if it could actually make enough to pay for its upkeep.

-----

As a general note, we fully welcome any and all feedback or suggestions you guys may have, but full-on bashing the site or the direction it's headed in is not constructive at all. If you are that repulsed by furries, you would not still be lurking here, plain and simple. The site isn't going to change all that much in terms of content. There is a reason all of us loved EE, especially in the Sparkplay era; for the same reasons, some may like other games, such as the ones Jack has already put forums up for. The focus of the site may be broadening, but it's a good thing. EE is, for the most part, dead. A lot of us either have already gone to other games, will soon, or are looking for other games to try. Having a forum that focuses on the main draw to EE, yet connects it to other games, will overall be a much happier and active forum.

As for WoW, Jack'll think on that one and decide whether to put it up or not, since some of you have voiced concerns over having a WoW forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next