Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updated Holiday Message from Piggypops
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Yon Fildibeck wrote:
All we know, reading this right, is that:

A). Piggypops is employed by the new company and is doing -something- with the game. It might hint Q/A since he's disavowed his previous status as community manager.

B). Matt, if I'm reading his post right, is no longer giving any further input into the project. This means that the creative direction of Earth Eternal is presumably in the hands of the unknown owners now. I wonder what that means for the setting?

C). There are other ex-SPM folks on the payroll, but they are unknown at this time.

Just a quick note of agreement on all of these points, as sad as it is to do so. I think it's safe to assume Piggypops will not be involved in the 'community' aspect of the game, although perhaps that may change in the future (hoping).

Matt no longer being involved with Earth Eternal is worrying. In many ways Matt would have been the anchor to the game; sure the 'ship' could still float around in different directions but it was tethered to the vision and direction Matt had for the game. It couldn't wander too far in other words. Now its like that Antarctica cruise ship in the news that was pounded by winds and high crashing waves as it lost power. Simply, there's no knowing what aimless direction it will float off too. Will it even be recognizable to us anymore? Will it even be called Earth Eternal?

About some Sparkplay employees returning to the project, certainly the more the better in order to ease the transition. I certainly hope some art stuff return. Still, it is troubling that the two top programmers of Earth Eternal have now go on to Zygna.

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:21 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Bored

Main: Jakob Axion
Alt: Shianu Sabaton
Alt: Abacus Watchtower
*Is also somewhat worried by the absence of the original Loremaster, Matt, from further game development.* I say they should hire Volvox as the new full-time Loremaster.

Also, I have to take Chud's side on the "activity-does-not-beta-entitlement-make" question. There is a segment of the market that is more desirable to get on the beta precisely because it does not have time to be active nonstop. As an F2P MMO, EE has to be sure it can appeal to that demographic of people as well as to the hardcore time-loggers, so they too should be part of the beta and feedback process.
I don't know how they went about with their closed beta invites the first time around, since I only discovered the game after it was already in open, but if the first time around didn't get enough people on-board (and didn't yield a sufficiently-polished open beta) then maybe that template shouldn't be used for the second time around anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:45 pm 
Dalek Approved

Mood: Amused

Blog: View Blog (2)
Main: Riparian Deepwell(Iki and original)
Alt: Kilias Shadowmane(Ikimonogatari)
Alt: Sparks Woodlight(Current)
Alt: Drenath Westbrook(Defunct)
Wait...obviously I have not been keeping track...a Time Warner company bought EE? If so, then that could possibly be Turbine. It was the largest independent MMO developer until Warner bought it. It would make sense if they bought it, because Dungeons and Dragons Online and The Lord of the Rings Online are two of the most succesfull free MMOs on the market.

Image Image
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am the baddest motherf*$%er in the valley."-Ragoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:14 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Mood: Amused

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Gizmo Mahler
Alt: Gustav Lott
Alt: Kharma Strongpaw
Yon Fildibeck wrote:
All we know, reading this right, is that:

A). Piggypops is employed by the new company and is doing -something- with the game. It might hint Q/A since he's disavowed his previous status as community manager.

B). Matt, if I'm reading his post right, is no longer giving any further input into the project. This means that the creative direction of Earth Eternal is presumably in the hands of the unknown owners now. I wonder what that means for the setting?

C). There are other ex-SPM folks on the payroll, but they are unknown at this time.

From what I'm guessing....I think the only ex-SPM folks on payroll are Piggypops and Matt. Beyond that nobody knows for certain. We can all ask and pry for information as to what is going on with EE,....but it seems that that is a bullet being dodged on a constant basis. Either it's intentionally being done to keep us guessing.....or there is some sort of legal reason for being unable to say anything. Personally I think that if nothing is said at least between Christmas and the first of the year.....then there is something really going on.

Duskleaf.....apologizing for any ignorance on my part, but asking for the beta key before the game is put out for the reasons of being constantly active on the forums here at EEF is not sufficient reason. Grant it,....I've been making a few frequent posts nor am I saying people should "get a life" outside of EE or EEF. The fact is people should take a few steps back from anticipating the fate of Earth Eternal and let things happen naturally. Grant it, I want the game to come back......but I'm not waiting on baited breath for it. The postings regarding the future of the game seem to be mixed up and extremely brief leaving we the original players (meaning those who were around prior to the game going offline) out in the cold. Yeah, I log in once in a while and read the forums, but as of late I haven't been doing much posting (until recently) mainly because it seems to be the same stuff.....that and I have things going on as well as so many other people. So asking for the beta key regardless of who the person is or their status on the forums is asking for way too much.

Like I said earlier,.....we wait for the announcement from a credible source that is tied with company so we can all go from there because it seems that the train of news is slower than molasses in January, June and July.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
DrCHUD wrote:
From what I'm guessing....I think the only ex-SPM folks on payroll are Piggypops and Matt.

I think Matt's comment that he is currently not involved with Earth Eternal shows that he is not on 'the payroll'. That is precisely my and Yon's concern. The qualifier 'currently' may suggest it's possible he may later play a role as a creative consultant but it is not now nor anytime soon I would expect. Even hoping he may return in some small capacity seems like a long-shot.

In regards to beta-testing, I don't think anyone suggested the new company was actively seeking testers, did they? This is just something we're discussing and really only dreaming about, correct? Regardless, as far as I'm concerned if it is a possibility in the future I really think we should all stick-together. If its just speculation there is really no reason for anyone to claim anyone here deserves to be a tester more than anyone else. It's creating unnecessary divisions and fragmentation in the community when it is precisely this time when it is more crucial then ever for all of us to stick-together and treat each other with civility, courtesy and respect, especially during the holiday season.

If we don't even know if the new company is currently even testing the game or seeking outside beta-testers, it is ridiculous to claim anyone deserves to test the game more than anyone else.

Also, because Duskleaf asked about these characters, the first person to name the TV show gets Karma.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:55 pm 
Former Earth Sage

Mood: Amazed

Main: Sage Feantur Groddil
Alt: Tur Brethil
Alt: Urgan Nagru
Ronin wrote:
About some Sparkplay employees returning to the project, certainly the more the better in order to ease the transition. I certainly hope some art stuff return. Still, it is troubling that the two top programmers of Earth Eternal have now go on to Zygna.

Shane's with TurnOut Ventures now, according to his LinkedIn profile. IMO, he was the best programmer. I'm a little biased, though, because he's the one who fixed my ears being burnt off by my Flaming Crown, and he fixed several other things that made me rather happy as well.

Ronin wrote:
Also, because Duskleaf asked about these characters, the first person to name the TV show gets Karma.

Glee.

/win
Silentwolf12 wrote:
Wait...obviously I have not been keeping track...a Time Warner company bought EE? If so, then that could possibly be Turbine. It was the largest independent MMO developer until Warner bought it. It would make sense if they bought it, because Dungeons and Dragons Online and The Lord of the Rings Online are two of the most succesfull free MMOs on the market.

The only viable evidence that Time Warner owns EE is a whois report saying that the owner of eartheternal.com is Time Warner. As there has been no official statement from the new owners, and eartheternal.com might not even be the official site for EE anymore, I'm rather hesitant to say that Time Warner bought EE.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:02 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Main: Leondrid Traokaz
Feantur wrote:
Ronin wrote:

Glee.

/win

Drat, I was gonna say that ">_>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:06 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Angry

Main: Draegen Northrend
I just looked at the name that you saved it with and it said glee... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:15 pm 
Puddi

Mood: Alive

Main: Wake Duskleaf (Druid)
Alt: Razek Velvetvoid (Rogue)
Alt: Cyan Arctek (Knight)
Alt: Adrian Tenek (Mage)
DrCHUD wrote:
Duskleaf.....apologizing for any ignorance on my part, but asking for the beta key before the game is put out for the reasons of being constantly active on the forums here at EEF is not sufficient reason. Grant it,....I've been making a few frequent posts nor am I saying people should "get a life" outside of EE or EEF. The fact is people should take a few steps back from anticipating the fate of Earth Eternal and let things happen naturally. Grant it, I want the game to come back......but I'm not waiting on baited breath for it. The postings regarding the future of the game seem to be mixed up and extremely brief leaving we the original players (meaning those who were around prior to the game going offline) out in the cold. Yeah, I log in once in a while and read the forums, but as of late I haven't been doing much posting (until recently) mainly because it seems to be the same stuff.....that and I have things going on as well as so many other people. So asking for the beta key regardless of who the person is or their status on the forums is asking for way too much.

I belive you misunderstood the level of seriousness in my post.
I meant that Activity on this forum would be clasified as higher value of reason to give out beta keys than having the helmet on your account from the last closed beta. I never asked for any beta key in this thread.

I do not judge anyone, I mainly meant that the last part of the community, both the ones that do not log in and they who spam daily would be clasified as addicted fans, and therefor get "bonus attention" if they applied for another beta key.
And I know it's a lot of other factors that comes in mind when giving out beta keys, The whole thing was actually only aimed at "Wanderers" comment about the closed beta gears, cuz they only showes you have got a beta key, not as much you bug reported.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:49 pm 
Survivor

Main: Lustre Skye
Alt: Medley Skye
Alt: Vanilla Skye
Alt: Greysun Badger
Feantur wrote:
I'm rather hesitant to say that Time Warner bought EE.

So far, I'm comfortable with picking Turner Entertainment Interactive Media as the most likely new owner. Matches up with the WHOIS record, and seem to be into the MMO business already.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next