Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:32 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creature Feeps! Piggypops Announces Plans for Sidekicks.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:21 am 
Survivor

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Your Slave
Alt: Personal Slave
Alt: Black Wuff
My name practically means Pet/Sidekick/Slave >.<

Anyway... sounds interesting and if Sidekicks is another term for pets, it makes some sense since we are sorta animals and the word pet usually connoted small animal/creatures of some sort, Sidekick leaves the designers open to design any variety of companions like humanoid mannequins/wind up toys or a rolling cookie or floating magical swords. (mmm.... cookie pet x3)

Combat? would there be a uniqueness in druid's summon pets (if ever implemented) dunno how the system would work perhaps they work as an extra buff, loot items, extra baggage or crafting/gatherer? doesn't always have to lead to combat/fighting pets.

Just my thoughts and trying to leave things open, all this based on reading the first page, if I missed some important news/facts then >.< ignore me... *cooks marshmellow over a fire in the corner*

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:37 pm 
Dalek Approved

Mood: Amazed

Main: Varden bloodfang-Fangren Rogue lvl 40
Alt: Darcassan Bloodfang-Fangren Druid lvl 7
Alt: Oriax Darkhoof-Daemon Knight lvl 15
Tupik wrote:
My name practically means Pet/Sidekick/Slave >.<

Anyway... sounds interesting and if Sidekicks is another term for pets, it makes some sense since we are sorta animals and the word pet usually connoted small animal/creatures of some sort, Sidekick leaves the designers open to design any variety of companions like humanoid mannequins/wind up toys or a rolling cookie or floating magical swords. (mmm.... cookie pet x3)

Combat? would there be a uniqueness in druid's summon pets (if ever implemented) dunno how the system would work perhaps they work as an extra buff, loot items, extra baggage or crafting/gatherer? doesn't always have to lead to combat/fighting pets.

Just my thoughts and trying to leave things open, all this based on reading the first page, if I missed some important news/facts then >.< ignore me... *cooks marshmellow over a fire in the corner*

HIIII SLAVE!!!!

I agree. I don't see why so many are opposed to the idea. Our pets/sidekicks could do anything from going to the closest town and selling the crap we have picked up.

And if non-combat skills enter the game, they could have a part in that too.

The above idea could also lead to more intricate/immersive crafting system.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (15)
Main: Kieran Darkfire
Alt: Aidan Whiteflame
Alt: Dossor Ironscale
Alt: Raven Stormclaw
As should be expected, even one word can cause a sensation around here. It isn't surprising due to the almost total lack of new info we're getting.

The name suggests a few different things to me:

1. A new pet system (pets who aren't 'beasts', and who don't use regular equipment, and who may not even participate in battle other than just being there and possibly offering some passive buff(s)).

2. A hireling system (hirelings who may level and gain new abilities, and may be given equipment to use).

3. A mentor system (higher level players helping out lowbies and possibly gaining benefits from playing together).

4. Though less likely, it could even mean some sort of exp-sharing mechanism, like the Brotherhood system in Vanguard. Meaning you share exp with someone else, each giving the other half even if one isn't online. It ensures that both stay at the same experience level, and they can enjoy the benefit of sharing exp even if they play at different times or just solo in different areas.

In other words, we have no proof that it is a new pet system, or even that it's anything like what's present in other games. I do feel the need to mention some possible issues with the inclusion of pets and hirelings into EE though, just in case.

The game simply wasn't challenging enough to warrant pets in its last incarnation. In addition to that, the class that pets were announced for (druids) are probably the ones least likely to need a pet in the first place. Druids have high armor as well as high spi for healing. Their pets would pretty much have to be ornamental for the sake of game balance.

If game challenge were to be addressed, I would support both hirelings and pets for any of the classes. Hirelings tend to be even stronger than pets, so I would expect some sort of questline or considerable expense to be associated with them. Pets can simply be summoned (I don't know if I could get behind a big design effort to make any creature tamable. It would be cool, but not cool enough for the work hours it would require. Each critter having specific abilities or families of abilities, etc.).

Regardless of what sidekicks actually are and whether or not they'll actually be approved and developed, I'm ecstatic just hearing about new design ideas myself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm 
Just like Terra

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
In response to DarkFyre.

1. It's what I fully expect.

2. Would work out, although consideration will probably be given if one uses an overly powerful sidekick with an already overly powerful char.

3. In several games I've played, this system is EXTREMELY broken, as the higher level player would have too many contacts and possibly break the game by leveling up too fast/too many items.

4. Broken, mages with AoE attacks (Assuming this) will level each other up much faster then knights (On the belief that they will have few if no AoE attacks), especially if there's a 'double exp' event.

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:31 pm 
Talkative Survivor

Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
You know it would be funny if after all this speculation, what Piggypops actually meant by "Sidekicks" is that he was only suggesting the martial arts move.

And that he meant we each would be kicked in the side.

Like by Chuck Norris.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:41 pm 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Yon Fildibeck wrote:
You know it would be funny if after all this speculation, what Piggypops actually meant by "Sidekicks" is that he was only suggesting the martial arts move.

Like by Chuck Norris.

Think that pretty much as happened already. Only it was lower and more to the left.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 pm 
Just like Terra

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
Yon Fildibeck wrote:

Like by Chuck Norris.

Screw that, give me Israeli Krav Maga and Russian Systema.

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Amused

Main: Brigantine Jack
Alt: Yensid Corsaro
Alt: Some dude in an office
krangon wrote:
Yon Fildibeck wrote:

Like by Chuck Norris.

Think that pretty much as happened already. Only it was lower and more to the left.

Nah, it'll all be in your head. He actually meant "Sidekicks" the martial arts movie. With an imaginary Chuck Norris.

What'll ya have?
BAR FIGHT!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 pm 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Joe the Rat wrote:
krangon wrote:
Yon Fildibeck wrote:

Like by Chuck Norris.

Nah, it'll all be in your head. He actually meant "Sidekicks" the martial arts movie. With an imaginary Chuck Norris.

You don't imagine Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris imagines you.

Wow.............I so need to go down to Target and buy a life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 pm 
Dalek Approved

Mood: Amazed

Main: Varden bloodfang-Fangren Rogue lvl 40
Alt: Darcassan Bloodfang-Fangren Druid lvl 7
Alt: Oriax Darkhoof-Daemon Knight lvl 15
derailed again.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next