Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:22 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creature Feeps! Piggypops Announces Plans for Sidekicks.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 am 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: The Woulfe
- SIDEKICKS - rated PG coming never to a theater near you & stars Chuck Norris ;-)

Me : Hey would you mind carrying all this junk for me so I can fight without all this junk weighing me down ?

Jr : Why sure thing boss, anything you say, your my hero, I look up to you ( general brown nosing type stuff )

~ I hand over VERY LARGE BACKPACK to Jr who looks rather comical as he's just this small critter carrying this huge backpack ~

Me : Okay I'm ready to charge..... C H A R G E !

~ I'm killed in about 10 seconds due to lag & rubber-banding to heck & back ~

Me : Heal please.....

~ Jr then heals me w/ whatever spell I gave to him to do just that ~

Me : C H A R G E, take 2....

~ DEATH ! or just really bad owie take your pick.... ~

Me : Heal please.....

~ repeat 'till end of soft cap ~

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 am 
Just like Terra

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
Yon Fildibeck wrote:
Your sidekicks will all have my exquisite fashion sense when they dress themselves.

There's a time for ill humor, Yonny, but you are out of the timezone.

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:12 pm 
Survivor

Main: Eru Illuvatar
krangon wrote:
You know, Sidekicks could be another beast that follows you around like a squire.

oh prolly like mercs like this adorable lizard ^,...,^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:30 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Eru wrote:
krangon wrote:
You know, Sidekicks could be another beast that follows you around like a squire.

Ha, Great to see you active in the forum Eru! Honestly, I'd love to see a much greater role for dragons in Earth Eternal. I would love to see it draw some inspiration from How to Train Your Dragon and have some friendly/good dragons, either as pets or otherwise. Given the popularity of the movie, I think it only makes sense. Still, the idea of good dragons would go against the lore, but perhaps some reach out to the beasts. I can definitely see the Anubians trying to capture and dominate dragons so I think there could be a potential bond between some dragons and beasts. Yeah, I'd love to see some hard-core evil dragons too, especially flying ones, but I don't think that's possible given the programming limitations of the game as we remember it. Still, I would absolutely love a much greater role dragons, either as potential allies in the fight against Anubians (or possibly humans?) or even maybe as pets/sidekicks. Totally agree Eru!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:34 pm 
Dalek Approved

Mood: Amazed

Main: Varden bloodfang-Fangren Rogue lvl 40
Alt: Darcassan Bloodfang-Fangren Druid lvl 7
Alt: Oriax Darkhoof-Daemon Knight lvl 15
Ronin wrote:
Eru wrote:
krangon wrote:

Ha, Great to see you active in the forum Eru! Honestly, I'd love to see a much greater role for dragons in Earth Eternal. I would love to see it draw some inspiration from How to Train Your Dragon and have some friendly/good dragons, either as pets or otherwise. Given the popularity of the movie, I think it only makes sense. Still, the idea of good dragons would go against the lore, but perhaps some reach out to the beasts. I can definitely see the Anubians trying to capture and dominate dragons so I think there could be a potential bond between some dragons and beasts. Yeah, I'd love to see some hard-core evil dragons too, especially flying ones, but I don't think that's possible given the programming limitations of the game as we remember it. Still, I would absolutely love a much greater role dragons, either as potential allies in the fight against Anubians (or possibly humans?) or even maybe as pets/sidekicks. Totally agree Eru!

Or they could reference the epic thread: DRAGON PICS where ronin never fails to put epic pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Amused

Main: Brigantine Jack
Alt: Yensid Corsaro
Alt: Some dude in an office
Ronin wrote:
Still, I would absolutely love a much greater role dragons, either as potential allies in the fight against Anubians (or possibly humans?) or even maybe as pets/sidekicks. Totally agree Eru![/color]

I think this is where we'll just have to disagree. I'm firmly in the dragons = bring your brown pants camp. Bad dragons should be scary, boss monster epic nasties. End of the quest chain. Bottom of the dungeon. Good dragons should be scary, "thank Gaia it's on our side, please don't piss it off" characters. Triggered event. End of a 'find something to save our collective bacons' quest. Draco ex Machina. Or flat out indifferent to the affairs of things smaller than ecosystems. Rather than a greater role for dragons, I'd prefer more roles for greater dragons.

I'd rather see drakes/fire lizards/wyverns or some such as pets/mounts/allies (yeah, yeah, a dragon by another name), and big-D Dragons as something a few orders of magnitude above everything else. But that's just me.

What'll ya have?
BAR FIGHT!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:06 am 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Bored

Main: Ronath Anuhir - 33
Alt: Annun Lkarna - 14
Alt: Thatus Thorrn - 7
^ Agreed on all points.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:50 am 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
To be honest, I have to admit I see Joe's point and I think I was persuaded. Perhaps having dragons as sidekicks would water-down their fierceless and exceptionalism. They would be too common at that point and part of what makes them so epic is their rarity. They should send shivers down your back when you see them or hear them roar.

Still, I do like the idea of having some good dragons as NPCs that perhaps even fight by your side for a quest or so, much like World of Warcraft has done with their latest expansion. This truly makes you feel immersed in the narrative and gives you the feeling of playing a role in pushing the story forward.

I'm curious what Aurelius would think about the future role of dragons in the story?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:35 am 
Talkative Survivor

Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
Ronin wrote:
To be honest, I have to admit I see Joe's point and I think I was persuaded. Perhaps having dragons as sidekicks would water-down their fierceless and exceptionalism. They would be too common at that point and part of what makes them so epic is their rarity. They should send shivers down your back when you see them or hear them roar.

Still, I do like the idea of having some good dragons as NPCs that perhaps even fight by your side for a quest or so, much like World of Warcraft has done with their latest expansion. This truly makes you feel immersed in the narrative and gives you the feeling of playing a role in pushing the story forward.

I'm curious what Aurelius would think about the future role of dragons in the story?

They would hoard all the sodas in their refrigerated trailer is what they'd do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:21 am 
Survivor

Main: Jarlath Haydn
Alt: Vangar Aonsuil
Alt: Isa Darkeye
Alt: Murdock Cross
Ronin wrote:

Totally agree. Grimfrost was (is?) a milestone to people, certainly myself, to show they were good enough to take down a dragon ingame and get his phat lootz. Such boss fights are fun to have as a kinda status symbol and the more of them the better. So long as they get awesome attack rotations and loot. Grimmy's became a tad lack lustre once the changes happened =S

On a side note, was Grimfrost a frost dragon or frost wyrm? Something in the depths of my memory says wyrm, but can't fully remember. Anyone know?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next