Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:45 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 pm 
Offline
Just like Terra
User avatar

Mood: Bored
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 am
Posts: 6488
Karma: 107

Location: Wub a dub dub.
Gender: Female
Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
Ronin wrote:
Sly K wrote:
Self-center, suck up, ego maniacs who believe they're doing good for "the community"...



Just quoting so you can't go back and delete it. Don't mind me.


I hope you realize that just with a very slim possibly he may not be referring to you for once and could be referring to the thousands of other people who do crazy insane and idiotic things for 'The good of the community' which is why he posted that and you wrongly took offense when there was really no need to take any at all thus making your quote look like you took offense for something that was never targeted towards you even though it may have been implying something towards you in which yes you should be somewhat conscious of this fact but should not have to call him out on it because that makes implying something completely useless and unnecessary not to mention that it opens the grounds for a long boring argument that is full of bull and gets all parties nowhere and ends up having this thread locked and then someone has to go make it again a third time and soon this cycle will repeat and I will be forced to quote myself this exact message in which it will most likely be ignored due to it being a purple wall of text that has no periods or any kind of punctuation at all in it but at least it has words spelled correctly but no one will give a damn because it's a wall of text that only a few people will read but it has a very good point and that point being that said thing that has offended you may not have been intended towards you at all even though it seems like it was and so the cycle will repeat

Totally not something I planned on writing but whatever the hell works

_________________
I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Skype
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline
Beast Survivor
User avatar

Mood: Angelic
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 2631
Karma: 139

Location: NY
Gender: None specified
Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Terra, just so you know and to put this in context, over the weekend Sly k and Duskleaf falsely assumed my "low self-esteem and the internet" thread was a personal attack on them somehow. I never once addressed them but merely quoted from the article but because I started with a statement of how I thought the article would be of interest to the forum it was seen as my "opinion". Sly even went crazy because I had the word "blue" in there, even though it was in the context of those feeling depressed and sad, but of course Sly angling for anything out of desperation claimed it was addressed to him. I honestly find it hysterically funny and amusing in retrospect.

If THAT post was taken to be seen as an attack on Duskleaf and Sly than of course Sly's post is clearly addressed to me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline
Beast Survivor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:55 pm
Posts: 2498
Karma: 36

Location: ...
Gender: Male
Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
Terranova wrote:
Ronin wrote:
Sly K wrote:
Self-center, suck up, ego maniacs who believe they're doing good for "the community"...


Just quoting so you can't go back and delete it. Don't mind me.


I hope you realize that just with a very slim possibly he may not be referring to you for once and could be referring to the thousands of other people who do crazy insane and idiotic things for 'The good of the community' which is why he posted that and you wrongly took offense when there was really no need to take any at all thus making your quote look like you took offense for something that was never targeted towards you even though it may have been implying something towards you in which yes you should be somewhat conscious of this fact but should not have to call him out on it because that makes implying something completely useless and unnecessary not to mention that it opens the grounds for a long boring argument that is full of bull and gets all parties nowhere and ends up having this thread locked and then someone has to go make it again a third time and soon this cycle will repeat and I will be forced to quote myself this exact message in which it will most likely be ignored due to it being a purple wall of text that has no periods or any kind of punctuation at all in it but at least it has words spelled correctly but no one will give a damn because it's a wall of text that only a few people will read but it has a very good point and that point being that said thing that has offended you may not have been intended towards you at all even though it seems like it was and so the cycle will repeat

Totally not something I planned on writing but whatever the hell works

First... BREATHE TERRA! O_O
Second, what she just said is exactly that. It was more at a third party OUTSIDE of this forum. I could see why some would take offense to it in here... but unless they're being called out directly and not indirectly, not really worth being upset about it. Just saying...


Got another grind my gears moment here... not getting enough HP pots and getting too many MP pots...

_________________
LongSly's Journal
Image
Quote:
*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline
Just like Terra
User avatar

Mood: Bored
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 am
Posts: 6488
Karma: 107

Location: Wub a dub dub.
Gender: Female
Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
Well generally speaking what I was typing of in my last post and what it only addressed was the poor choice of words that were chosen to display one's opinion over the internet and as such it has unfortunately come down to this but then again I'm not surprised that it has happened considering what's happened before in past threads and such so I really don't know what to say anymore since I don't really understand why anyone is offended right now because by looking back at that thread that sparked the whole thing I fail to see why anyone would be offended but then again Nex or someone else deleted quite a few posts from the looks of it thus making me being able to take a firm position on anyone's side impossible lest I come off as biased towards that party and I honestly don't want to get into a piss poor argument in which the same points are argued over and over again without the reasons why someone is offended being displayed and making this argument turn into a mud flinging contest in which no one wins and everyone ends up dirty and someone has to clean everyone up and I really hope that person isn't me because no way in hell am I entering a mud flinging contest with anyone here because not only is that dumb but because there's no mud anyway

Why the hell do I keep posting like this

_________________
I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Skype
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline
Beast Survivor
User avatar

Mood: Angelic
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 2631
Karma: 139

Location: NY
Gender: None specified
Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Sly K wrote:
Totally not something I planned on writing but whatever the hell works

First... BREATHE TERRA! O_O
Second, what she just said is exactly that. It was more at a third party OUTSIDE of this forum. I could see why some would take offense to it in here... but unless they're being called out directly and not indirectly, not really worth being upset about it. Just saying...
/quote]


Sly, you're not fooling ANYONE by claiming it was directed at ANYONE else but me. Any rational and objective person knows you were hurling insults at me. This thread in 'grinds my gears' is FULL of you baiting out of the 'blue'. You're pattern in this thread is deliberately making sarcastic remarks about me. Cry wolf too many times and no one believes you.

INB4LOCK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:42 pm 
Offline
Just like Terra
User avatar

Mood: Bored
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 am
Posts: 6488
Karma: 107

Location: Wub a dub dub.
Gender: Female
Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
This thread might get locked but I got some lockpicks so suck on that you fools

Thankfully this post was short but that's because I got nothing to go off on now

_________________
I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Skype
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.


Image


Last edited by Terranova on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
Beast Survivor
User avatar

Mood: Angelic
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 2631
Karma: 139

Location: NY
Gender: None specified
Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Sly K wrote:
Yeah... whatever Ronin...


*shrug*

Also, you're hypocritical to say " unless they're being called out directly and not indirectly, not really worth being upset about it. Just saying..."

I did not directly NOR indirectly call you out in the "Low Self-Esteem and the Internet" thread. Did you get upset? Oh hell yes!


INB4LOCK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
Just like Terra
User avatar

Mood: Bored
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 am
Posts: 6488
Karma: 107

Location: Wub a dub dub.
Gender: Female
Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
So now the mud flinging contest starts but where the hell did you get the mud

The ground is perfectly dry

_________________
I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Skype
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:58 pm 
Offline
Beast Survivor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:55 pm
Posts: 2498
Karma: 36

Location: ...
Gender: Male
Blog: View Blog (9)
Main: Blue Sly
Ronin wrote:
Sly K wrote:
Yeah... whatever Ronin...


*shrug*

Also, you're hypocritical to say " unless they're being called out directly and not indirectly, not really worth being upset about it. Just saying..."

I did not directly NOR indirectly call you out in the "Low Self-Esteem and the Internet" thread. Did you get upset? Oh hell yes!


INB4LOCK

sigh okay let me make thing one clear... I also go as "Blue Sly", which you would know, so of course I felt targeted and offended on how it was in "quotes", but did I make a big deal about it? Not really. All I said was "as long as 'blue' isn't being used too loosely, I won't complain." That's pretty much it... and I went along with my business simple as that.

What I posted on the other hand... is very different and still possible I could have meant someone else or a group outside of this forum. Didn't even give any hints it was you. There are other people that annoy me that don't go on this forum. However, I didn't name names or give any indication of a name. You just assumed it was you and indicated it was for all to see... seriously, what was the point in that anyway? You, even I, by know should know that'll just lead to another mindless argument between us.

I'm seriously tired too... believe it or not, WE, you and me, are the issue for this whole forum. Everyone else is pretty much neutral in concerns of us two. I don't even know why we do keep arguing either. It's stupid, mindless, pathetic, and just arrogant of us to do time-to-time. Does no any good for ANYONE in this site. Only raises tension that isn't needed for this site.

We're the problem Ronin, you and I, not just one of us.

Everything I just typed is a grind my gear thing... I'm just tired of it all. Heck, even angry at myself right now for letting this whole childish thing to keep going. And also ashamed too believe it or not.

That's all.

Terranova wrote:
So now the mud flinging contest starts but where the hell did you get the mud

The ground is perfectly dry

Nope, I'm done throwing mud. Just a waste of water to wash it all off...

_________________
LongSly's Journal
Image
Quote:
*You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something - Eminem. *"Grudges are something that can fill your life with unhappiness." *"The power it holds can bring forth either salvation, or destruction, at the whim of the user." - Aura *"I'm awake I'm alive. Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time. I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life. right here, right now. I'll stand my ground and never back down. I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive." - Skillet *With the moonlight to guide you feel the joy of being alive. The day that you stop running is the day that you arrive. And the night that you got locked in was the time to decide. Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride. - Morcheeba


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears?! (Re-opened)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
Puddi
User avatar

Mood: Alive
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:19 pm
Posts: 4245
Karma: 54

Location: Out there.
Gender: None specified
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Wake Duskleaf (Druid)
Alt: Razek Velvetvoid (Rogue)
Alt: Cyan Arctek (Knight)
Alt: Adrian Tenek (Mage)
This is all kinda Ontopic duo to that my gears just broke.
If any mods think they are not or that something is inappropriate you're free to remove it and I won't complain, I'm just saying.

Much of this is related to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1501

Ronin wrote:
Terra, just so you know and to put this in context, over the weekend Sly k and Duskleaf falsely assumed my "low self-esteem and the internet" thread was a personal attack on them somehow.


I myself did never felt targetet by the OP in that thread. I "thought" the reason Nex responded to you was the case I already have been telling.
I never said I had "proof" to any intentions. What I did was pointing something out. Which I now see may have been a bad thing. I should not even have responded at all.

Now for why I was replying to your topic was that you replied to my post.
"and I just laugh at emos", was a text I disaproved of. So I sent you a facepalm. What you do then is to quote a little part of my text and creating a misconception that I was talking about the article. No, if you read my messege correct, it would have been clear that I meant your own text. Not the article.
Now I know it's a common case where people hate on other fandoms for being strange or whatever I can't look away from the fact that a statement like that is extremely hypocritical. Two words, "Furry Fandom". apparently it's ok to throw out whatever oppinion that strikes your mind, go ahead. People will target you back. You can't call Sly a hypocrite and at the same time make sense if you're one yourself. You may acctually believe I am a part of the Emo fandom, but know this, I'm not. But i know people who are.



This will be my final statements.







And Terra, please use periods in your text, pleeeeeease :geek:


Last edited by Duskleaf on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y