Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:52 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Planet Forever Ideas (silly and serious accepted)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:01 am 
Survivor

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Spectre Husky - Fangren Ice Rogue
Alt: Cinder Nuki - Bandicoon Fire Rogue
Alt: Evergreen Buck - Hart Druid
Alt: Yellow Mouse - Longtail Knight
Hey all, Yellow Mouse here!

Just following through with what I told Grethnefar (Eld Khran) I would do - :huggles: - create a topic in the forum devoted to silly/serious ideas for his private server! Mind you, he is one of those busy Admin-types; as such, few of these ideas will be addressed anytime soon. BUT, every idea posted here will be around for those minutes out of Greth's day when he's not busy and needs a good laugh! So post away, it can't hurt to get your idea out there!

A few recommendations however, that the ideas be prefaced with either 'Silly' or 'Serious' so no one judges you for being sassy or stupid... At least not right away, heh. That and keep things reasonably PG,
for the kids and the faint of heart
for the moderators, we can't forget them... *bows to the majesty of moderation*

With that, I bid you all Adieu~ And see you in game!!
At your service,
Yellow Mouse :happydance:

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Planet Forever Ideas (silly and serious accepted)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 am 
Survivor

Main: N/A
We need silly hats. I mean, who doesn't love silly hats?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:54 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Tremblewith
Once the game is finished being brought fully back, including most bugs fixed, quests working optimal, and all content (including instanced/party stuff) back, I think these ideas would suit the game well.

-New skills for the current classes, including custom-made animations
-New gear, and additional side-quests to streamline leveling for the initial and middle levels
-New instance(s) for farming gear and other farm-able goods
-Additional customization on the current races

Way off in the future, if Greth is still working on this project:
-Community-driven in-game content, animations, maps, instances, gear, fashion/clothing, NPCs, music, mods, in-game events, classes/races, etc.

But right now, I'm pretty sure Greth is working very hard on just getting the first initial stages of alpha testing to run fairly smoothly. In the last week or two, he has made significant progress on his server emulator, which reduced most latency (lag) issues, and multiple bug fixes and fixes for quests, etc. On top of all that, he is working on wrapping up the rest of in-game content, which is a task in a half.

And yes, I think things like fashion sets (not gear clothing), including hats/hair, shirts, pants, etc, would be pretty neat to have in the game. A Resurrection of some in-game form of the cash shop would be nice as well (using only in-game currency, and not real life money), and a working auction house; to obtain those exp boosters, and other various goodies.

Things like mounts/flyers would be pretty awesome, but from what I remember when the question arose on the old EER forums, it seems that the client/game engine doesn't currently support either, and would require a complete revamp to make them work properly. I'm sure Greth has more insight on that topic than myself, but I know a ton of games that pushed out flying mounts and the capability to fly, which ultimately resulted in many, many exploits, lag, and general issues.

Planet Forever
Perfect World International
Torchlight II

My Youtube w/ gameplay videos: http://www.youtube.com/thecryotonic
My website: http://www.gdevtalk.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:56 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Oakheart Branch
Alt: Eric Tailchaser
Alt: Skyflower Bloodredmoon
Alt: GoodWin Southlake
Any long term thoughts on the lag question? As the game grows , is one server enough to handle the load? Would another one for any New Areas past what is in the Code "G" has a way to go? Can travel between servers be easy or hard? (Thinking down the line when/if a open source version of the software is possible after "G" has finished his battles with the Code and is willing to let in loose..)

Is a fashion line for "Off-Duty" avatars (IE: not active Play, but hanging out in the Groves only) a path to try for?

Personnally, still like the idea of one day a quest to get up to the Moon on a long "Beanstalk" climb. (With a for Gold Hedge teleport at the top to return..)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (4)
Main: Rael Scion
Alt: Mordecai Redeye
Alt: Irisan Shadowmane
Alt: Jendring Balfour
Mail system please? To combat my apparent inability to find class-appropriate gear on each of my characters.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:22 pm 
Survivor

Main: Johara Windwalker
How about some new face presets? I know three is a lot, but it would be nice. However, I don't know how easy it is to implement them, especially into the UI, etc.
What bugs me more is that some body parts are uncolorable. Here are some observations:

With the Normal face in character creation, female Atavians cannot change their tail color, but with the other faces they can. I suspect this is a bug, because why disallow one face to customize one part of the body and yet allow the other faces to do so? I would think faces only affect faces, no?

Noctari also have some discrepancies: for Males, Normal face's Mask palette works. Intense and Old faces have black markings near the eyes that cannot change color, yet there's also a useless Mask slot.
With Normal face, Eyebrow palette changes the eyebrow tufts; ok, good. With Intense and Old faces, Eyebrow palette does nothing; the eyebrow tufts change color with the Beard palette!

Female Noctari: Intense and Old faces also have non-working Eyebrow palettes, but again, the Normal face's works fine.
Intense and Old faces also have un-colorable white chin areas. I think they should affected by the "Eyebrow" palette, since both the Eyebrow and Chin are currently uncustomizable for these faces. Adding a new palette wouldn't work, since the Normal face doesn't have blank areas to fill. Also I suspect it would take some more coding.

I honestly don't know if these are intentional design choices by the developers or just unnoticed bugs. Still, I have reasons for believing these are bugs: old does not mean white-haired, as none of the other races have mandatory white areas for the Old face and the whole face can be filled with colors. The Noctari are the exception, so their face customization is not as diverse as it appears. In the end I think it would help to fix inconsistencies like this. Since the birds generally have more color choices than many other races, I wouldn't be surprised if a few mishaps slipped through the cracks.

While these changes would probably affect all created characters, people can use character editor in game if somehow their appearance gets ruined.

Of course, I'm unsure of how complex the code is to implement these; I'm thinking the faces are texture overlays and just textures will have to be replaced, but again I'm totally ignorant of how the game store/renders the face markings. It would be great to know if this is at least feasible.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]