Post subject: The New Forum Sections
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:29 am 
Former Earth Sage

Mood: Amazed

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Sage Feantur Groddil
Alt: Tur Brethil
Alt: Urgan Nagru
For some reason, people are still under the impression that Sankando is EE's developer. People from both Sparkplay and TurnOut Ventures have said, in no uncertain terms, that Sankando is only a publishing company, and that they deal with publishing games- that are already made and developed by other companies- to Japan. That involves making the game marketable to the Japanese community, including making the general appearance of the game a bit more oriental. Just because they made new models for the characters doesn't mean they're full-on developing the game, nor that they own it, contrary to popular belief.

The new forum sections about Ikimonogatari make no mention of TurnOut Ventures(the developers of Earth Eternal since Sparkplay's collapse, for those of you who have apparently forgotten), and, indeed, state that the game is Sankando's, and set the name Sankando in the same league as Sparkplay, further reinforcing the fallacious idea that Sankando is the company that now owns, develops, and runs Earth Eternal. This, I cannot abide by.

Sure, the new version of EE probably needs a different forum section than the original, but the Japanese release alone does not merit the same of forum space as the entirety of the original Earth Eternal. At most, it should have a subsection under TurnOut Ventures' Earth Eternal section, which is what should have been created to house discussion, images, documentation, and roleplay involving the new Earth Eternal. In fact, I don't even think that such a large forum section ought to be created yet, as very little information- on either the Japanese or American release- has been given by either company. For now, I'd think a subsection under the old EE section would suffice for Sankando-related discussion, and when TurnOut is ready to release information regarding the new EE, a new forum section can be created. Until then, those forums are quite pointless. As it is, most of the people on this forum probably won't be playing Ikimonogatari since it's all going to be in Japanese(most likely) anyway, and I doubt everyone here can fluently read and write in Japanese, so I fail to see why it's getting so much space allotted to it on these primarily-English-speaking forums.

NOTE: the views expressed above are in no way the views of any game-related company, because I was not, am not, and probably will never be, a spokesman for, nor even employed by, any of the aforementioned companies. Don't ask if I have insider information; I'm not an insider. If you say that I am, I will laugh at you. A lot.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: The New Forum Sections
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 am 
Just like Terra

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (19)
Main: R
Alt: W
Alt: B
Alt: Y
Just think of it as Jacky making those sub-forums ahead of time.

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

For the love of god if you want to add me on
Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:03 am 
Former Earth Sage

Terranova wrote:
Just think of it as Jacky making those sub-forums ahead of time.

Even if the Japanese release of Earth Eternal merited an entire group of forums on this primarily English-speaking website that has no draw at all for the future Japanese players, those forums still give the incredibly mistaken impression that Sankando owns Earth Eternal- a fallacy which has led to much strife amongst the player base-and this, at the very least, must be remedied.

In all honesty, though, the most that the Japanese release should have on this forum is a single subforum for discussion of the information gleaned from Sankando's press releases that could relate to the English release of Earth Eternal under TurnOut Ventures.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:13 am 
Just like Terra

Feantur wrote:
Even if the Japanese release of Earth Eternal merited an entire group of forums on this primarily English-speaking website that has no draw at all for the future Japanese players, those forums still give the incredibly mistaken impression that Sankando owns Earth Eternal- a fallacy which has led to much strife amongst the player base-and this, at the very least, must be remedied.

Okay, the turnout thing I can agree with, but the strife has been here so long by now I hardly notice.

Also, the main use of those forums are for those that will be playing the Japanese version of EE to document what they see/find and report it back to us for an understanding of what we can expect to our English release of the game.

...Uh, I know I had a half-eaten sandwich here somewhere...

I chewed my first pack of gum on 1/21/2011 at 5:00PM. Yeah, you didn't need to know, but you do now.

I am the one and only legal spambot on this site, though it's too bad that the glory days of spam posting are dead and gone now.

Discord, at the very least send me a message on THIS site that tells me who you are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:17 am 
Former Earth Sage

Terranova wrote:
Feantur wrote:

Okay, the turnout thing I can agree with, but the strife has been here so long by now I hardly notice.

Also, the main use of those forums are for those that will be playing the Japanese version of EE to document what they see/find and report it back to us for an understanding of what we can expect to our English release of the game.

...Uh, I know I had a half-eaten sandwich here somewhere...

I sincerely doubt that anyone here will be playing the Japanese version in such depth that they could comment on so many changes relating to the English release that the aforementioned comments require eight forums. All the current setup does for such discussion is leave a large amount of empty space and lots of forum switching.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 am 
Just like Terra

You never know~

We can still take screenies and poke at them.

...Damn, where's that sandwich.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:29 am 
Former Earth Sage

Terranova wrote:
You never know~

We can still take screenies and poke at them.

...Damn, where's that sandwich.

That is, of course, assuming that screenies are allowed, which they probably won't be until the closed beta ends. NDA, you know.

But still, the changes to the game noticeable enough to see without being able to read anything could almost certainly be summed up in one forum, with topics dedicated to the ideas for which each of the other forums(classes, armor, clans, lore, etc) were created. No one needs that much space for six or seven topics, tops. All the multiple forums do is make it harder to navigate between these topics, and take up an unnecessarily large portion of the index page.

Also, I think that landsquid Wanderer mentioned earlier got your sandwich. You should go get it back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 am 
Just like Terra

Well, of course, I probably should have added 'open beta' somewhere in my post.

Well, I suppose, although it kinda makes the entirety of the forums look a little more...Ehh.

And, okay, I'll go get my sandwich back now, thanks~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:56 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Main: Ronath Anuhir - 33
Alt: Annun Lkarna - 14
Alt: Thatus Thorrn - 7
I agree with Feantur - we don't need this many forums for Ikimonogatari.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:01 pm 

Mood: Amused

Main: Nex Addo
Alt: Fox Firestrike
Alt: Nex Ferito
Alt: Nex Militis
I'm gonna quote myself here because I'm too lazy to type it out again :P

Nex wrote:
But I think it's still too early for many of the choices being made, especially in light of Sankando's announcement of their closed beta. I already stated in the chat my feelings towards people "jumping the gun" with this.

In summation, let's try not to over-complicate things until we know more about what is happening with EE. The addition of all the Ikimonogatari forums on this site is already too excessive.

And to quote Andrew for the billionth time...

Piggypops wrote:
Earth Eternal will be the same game across all versions

It's not like they are going to see a different game than we are. It will still be the same quests, same mobs, same story, same dungeons, and the same world.

Last edited by Nex on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.