Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Sankando MMO gets deleted
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:55 am 
Survivor

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Miaru Riuma
From http://kotaku.com/5859963/an-entire-mmo ... e-internet

Seems like M2, one of Sankando's MMO games, just got erased recently while on its maintenance as their game Korean operators, Hangame, seemed to erase a part of the integral code of the game that they didn't even have a backup.

People are questioning if this was the real motive and pitchforks rising. What if EarthEternal gets the same treatment, even more so now that its situation is "a mess" as many people have described lately? Would it be right to let all the work that was put on its potential, its lore... disappear in just a second? I am quite afraid for the game now. EE each time is getting even more and more far away from our paws, to me at least.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: A Sankando MMO gets deleted
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:00 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

I really believe Sankando truly does wish Ikimonogatari to succeed and believe it's the kind of MMO that can do well to Japanese tastes. In many ways I think Ikimonogatari is the proverbial "Canary in the coal mine" to the English version so this really is concerning news to the English version as well (not that the moderators would ever allow this news to be mentioned on their official forums).

If they do simply "erase" the game while pulled offline without notice to their customers and community, this would be a horrible thing to do. I hope I'm not falling into stereotypes but I would think Japanese culture and customs would have greater respect and recognition for their community.

Regardless, it does show how much Earth Eternal Reborn is "hanging by a thread". The Japanese players of Ikimonogatari not only deserve better, but the communities of both games deserve better communication and accountability.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 pm 
Survivor

Main: Kaiketsu Zorori
One thing is certain - it's not going to inspire confidence in Sankando's other MMOs. Would you spend on credit shop items for Ikimonogtari knowing that this was the same company that didn't have the foresight to make backups of critical code? Of course, it's a moot point since Ikimonogatari is down. Sankando's down TWO MMOs in as many months. I wonder if they'll survive at all.

It just makes Grethnefar's preservationist foresight that much more appreciable. Earth Eternal will survive, but it will never, ever be profitable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 am 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Mood: Alive

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Sounds stinky to me. And a lame excuse to close down a game.

Even I have 1 main drive and 2 back up's. Have this set up on both of my computers.

It's not hard to save stuff, only if you have a different motive...............

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:15 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Eschia Mousehold
Alt: Wolfee Darkfang
I'm glad I don't play Ikimonogatari anymore, but I can't say this would have turned me away. I still subscribe to SOE and PSN, and if you look at Sony's track histories with both of those networks, well lets just say they aren't so pleasant either lol. I thought Ikimonogatari already went down though? But yea this M2 game. I think while we all went and played Ikimonogatari, I remember seeing it listed on their site. Never downloaded it or played it though. Wasn't my cup of tea. Just seemed like yet another Ragnarok Online'ish Anime MMO. As for Saving backups, Even i learned that lesson. I lost a lot of Furry *cough* ART, and some video games once because I was re installing windows, and picked "reformat drive" by mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 pm 
Survivor

Main: Disaster Master
Alt: Where Wolf
I wasn't going to post but my trollololols kicked in.
Sankando: do de do do do *presses delete* woops... guess we'd better get the back ups.. *glances at backup files burning in the trash* oh noes... welp that's that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]