Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Game expectations
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:41 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Cross Marian
It'd be great if i could get validation from Piggypops himself, but might not be likely, looking back at a few of Matts q & a's from a while ago, there were some thins promised to be delivered in game, what im wondering is since there is a change of leadership, can we expect to see these things?

"Tell us more about Groves (Player Housing) - they sound intriguing. Is there much style variation between races? Are they instanced or actually placed out on the game landscape? Any specific items you can detail that “increase your power” while adventuring?

Matt Mihaly:
We’ve not really released much about Groves yet I’m afraid, and aren’t looking to do so yet, but I can say that they’ll be instanced and that they will be race-agnostic"

Also there are 22 races, will there be more? I was looking at some of the early char designs and i saw wolfs, bears , apes, etc, wil any of these be playable classes? and will the things matt spoke of in the interview , such as groves, pets and pvp servers be coming out as well.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Game expectations
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm 
Talkative Survivor

Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
Cross wrote:
Also there are 22 races, will there be more? I was looking at some of the early char designs and i saw wolfs, bears , apes, etc, wil any of these be playable classes? and will the things matt spoke of in the interview , such as groves, pets and pvp servers be coming out as well.

There was apparent mention of a "new amphibious race with sharp teeth and a love of battle" that we never got to see. I also wonder if that one is now in the dumpster since the new EE is apparently going to focus on adding more non-beast races - an interesting move considering the existing half-dozen's fairly modest popularity.

Piggypops said in the "Earth Eternal Reboot" thread that he really dug the idea of pets, so if he has any say about it, that might be something he'll personally see to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Jakob Axion
Alt: Shianu Sabaton
Alt: Abacus Watchtower
Yon Fildibeck wrote:
Cross wrote:

There was apparent mention of a "new amphibious race with sharp teeth and a love of battle" that we never got to see. I also wonder if that one is now in the dumpster since the new EE is apparently going to focus on adding more non-beast races - an interesting move considering the existing half-dozen's fairly modest popularity.

The Clockworks caught on real good, I thought, though the other non-animaloid Beasts less so. I find it hard to escape the notion that the new devs are intentionally trying to move the game's niche a little bit further away from furry interest by reducing the proportion of character types that are "furry" (not by taking furry ones out but by adding non-furry ones). It goes back to the question of whether making the game more appealing to furries therefore makes it less appealing to non-furries (whom they are clearly trying to attract more of). I don't know; I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

To be honest, i wouldnt be angry if they decided to add more not-animal races/playable characters, like if they decided to add the average elf/human/beast in order to gain more players, it's better to do that and get more players instead of not do that and have no one playing the game, and with that the game would be alot more diverse and you would have the option of playing a wide variety of races , thus bringing in a wide range of players, furrries, non-furries,etc

I look forward to seeing the pets in EE because it's all together different type of system than what we've seen in the game.

Better looking armor of course

Groves

Improved Pvp,etc, more pvp games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:16 am 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Oakheart Branch
Alt: Eric Tailchaser
Alt: Skyflower Bloodredmoon
Alt: GoodWin Southlake
odd idea: As a way to cut back on some of the LAG we all hate, maybe a more "EE-Lite" for some areas. (SD versions of the regular 3D models?)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

KenNielsen wrote:
odd idea: As a way to cut back on some of the LAG we all hate, maybe a more "EE-Lite" for some areas. (SD versions of the regular 3D models?)

i think that the lag will be fixed when the game comes back because now they have money to fix all the quirks and other dets., but what does SD version mean? and EE lite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 pm 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Mood: Alive

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Human, Elf characters would be borderline for me. I just hope they never be put into the game. I would play, but.........I don't think I would be very happy, and might even leave the game and hang around the forums to keep in touch with my homies. I just feel that they are gate crashing the game. Humans where wiped out and the idea of them just popping back or being asleep in orbit or some lame crap like that, just rubs my scales the wrong way.

I've tried to play game with Human characters, and found my mind wanders and lose interest. Anthro games grab my attention big time. So you can see why EE snagged my attention.

( Warnning : going off topic for a bit, what I feel is hard to explain )
I admit I had played RuneScape on and off for 5 years, only to be driven off by the community. The way most of them acted was disgusting. There was no need for it. But there was no Anthro online game that I knew of at the time and the console games where becoming boring as they where all clones of one game or another or making crappy Anthro/Human hybrids where they was clearly Humans with a tail.......dumb and stupid. Sly Raccoon was so ripped off a few times. And becoming pricey for crappy games was another turn off. So yeah, I TRIED non Anthro games, and hated them.

It's why after this post I'm seriously thinking about erasing Star Trek Online. I just can't get into it. I love Star Trek, but I tried making a unknown alien, and made a Klingon, but no luck. Even tried a Gorn. But Gorns have no tails. I like the Gorn race, it's the only race in the show that I like, never want to be one or dress up as one ( I admit I do have a action figure ), I'm more than happy to be dragon, but I want to play my Lisian because its SO dragon like. And I knew of the plans of maybe making Lisian's more dragon like. Bonus!
There is a alien Anthro cat race, but you have to buy it, and with the credit store full of bugs, it' s not worth it. You order a new ship and get a uniform. Cryptic just says " All sales are final and no refunds " I know some Fur's there that are always asking for them to be free and to have hair styles. But Cryptic won't budge.

I even got desperate and tried World of Warcraft as a possible fix. * face/claws *
( back on topic, soz )

With a gaming world dominated by mainly Elf's, Ogre's, Vampires, Human's ( I mean no disrespect, I knew a few Vampires once and a Elf too. ) and Anthro's with no tails ( take the Perfect World Tiger character, if you could call it a Tiger) EE was unique. It was a Anthro paradise to me. Even with the non-Anthro characters. It was wonderful. Bugs, lag and all. I meet others like me ( not Human, I mean real Anthro beings, cats, wolf's, etc. I was never really a Furry, just dragon.) and made great friends with so many species including Humans.

We had something here, lets hope it stays that way. At least I hope it stays that way. It will be great to run through the original Dustshore again. If they do bring in new non-anthro, I'll make a judgment. Humans and other species can play together. EE proved that. Or should I say Matt did. Even if he wasn't a Anthro, he changed so many lives.

Peace out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:52 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

I see what your saying and things have been the same for me, even with all of EE's bugs,lag and not fully developed content , there is something that it has that other games don't have, i can't put my hand on it but its just a feeling that i get from EE, maybe its because it was a game with races like no other.

But i also understand that they have to get more players, that is a must at this point and in order to do that i think that they will have to sacrifice somethings. If it was the old management they might be willing to stick to what they have always done. But since its new management their focus is on money and players. So they will do whatever they need to get more players, of course i don't think they will straight come out and just toss humans in there , but i think there will be a few things that will come that aren't necessarily what we will be expecting , but id much rather have the game up online with more players and the option to play our current races, and if they decide to make any changes as in adding humans, elves, etc as a playable race then if be okay with that. Also in the section where you had to tell your clan affiliation, it would ask something like , only furies allowed or something of the sort, if any other races , like the general mmo races were added then , if one were to form a clan they could simply say only furries allowed or only beasts allowed etc. Also i think anything goes as long as it remains true to Matt's lore. In the last days of EE,some of the devs played as some of the npc's and transformed other players to dragons etc, i think we may see more of things like that when the game comes back. But for this re-release i think what we will be seeing are

-More races
-Improved character customization
-Fixed pvp, and very well developed
-No falling through the maps
-Developed monsters, not just the same monsters with different colors
-Groves
-Clan wars perhaps, most likrly in the form of pvp
-Improved stats for armors, etc
-Pets( or might be released a while after the game is back up)
-More music/sound effects so things around you don't seem, dead around you.
*And the original and special things that Sparkplay wanted to do but didnt have enough money or time to bring forth as well as they wanted.

So far the EE that we have played has been in beta , not only because that's what it said on the website but that was the type of game play we received, no gm events, lag, etc,all of that , but they are coming back bigger and better now. I don't think they want to release the game then tell us we'll start working on things once the servers back up, but rather they want to have things set and ready to go, so that they can maintain the new players that come. We the existing community may have to make some sacrifices but we have always adapted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:01 am 
Lighthouse Lightkeeper

Mood: Alive

Location: Unkown, my GPS angry at me and isn't speaking to me.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Crashbang Tyron
Cross wrote:
I see what your saying and things have been the same for me, even with all of EE's bugs,lag and not fully developed content , there is something that it has that other games don't have, i can't put my hand on it but its just a feeling that i get from EE, maybe its because it was a game with races like no other.

But i also understand that they have to get more players, that is a must at this point and in order to do that i think that they will have to sacrifice somethings. If it was the old management they might be willing to stick to what they have always done. But since its new management their focus is on money and players. So they will do whatever they need to get more players, of course i don't think they will straight come out and just toss humans in there , but i think there will be a few things that will come that aren't necessarily what we will be expecting , but id much rather have the game up online with more players and the option to play our current races, and if they decide to make any changes as in adding humans, elves, etc as a playable race then if be okay with that. Also in the section where you had to tell your clan affiliation, it would ask something like , only furies allowed or something of the sort, if any other races , like the general mmo races were added then , if one were to form a clan they could simply say only furries allowed or only beasts allowed etc. Also i think anything goes as long as it remains true to Matt's lore. In the last days of EE,some of the devs played as some of the npc's and transformed other players to dragons etc, i think we may see more of things like that when the game comes back. But for this re-release i think what we will be seeing are

-More races
-Groves
*And the original and special things that Sparkplay wanted to do but didnt have enough money or time to bring forth as well as they wanted.

So far the EE that we have played has been in beta , not only because that's what it said on the website but that was the type of game play we received, no gm events, lag, etc,all of that , but they are coming back bigger and better now. I don't think they want to release the game then tell us we'll start working on things once the servers back up, but rather they want to have things set and ready to go, so that they can maintain the new players that come. We the existing community may have to make some sacrifices but we have always adapted.

Yeah, it's so hard to find a game worth playing these days. But I'll adapt to the re-release. Just miss the old EE. But the tails are still there, so I'm hopeful.

But a Auction House would be nice. Missed out on a lot of sales due to the teleport cool down and running to a Henge and running to where the player was and finding the gone. And the cool down times on some attacks and teleporting should to reduced. 15 mins on Thor's Hammer? It's why I never used it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 am 
Lifeboat Rower

krangon wrote:
Cross wrote:

-More races
-Groves

Yeah, it's so hard to find a game worth playing these days. But I'll adapt to the re-release. Just miss the old EE. But the tails are still there, so I'm hopeful.

But a Auction House would be nice. Missed out on a lot of sales due to the teleport cool down and running to a Henge and running to where the player was and finding the gone. And the cool down times on some attacks and teleporting should to reduced. 15 mins on Thor's Hammer? It's why I never used it.

You know what your very right about that, i use to play runescape as well, and after i was done with that, i was looking for a game that wasnt too big of a download but was also fairly decent and i found out about Earth Eternal, but it wasnt easy since they did so little advertising, but i found it during its early days and something about it attracted me to it, and for the next month or so i came back everyday to play the shroomie game , but after about 4 months and the game wasnt there i went back to runescape, when i finally came back to EE it had startee and i had missed out for a bit.

Auction houses would be a great idea too, that would mean they would have to change the stats of all the weps, armors etc, and figurte out a way to incorporate that with the current merchant stores, but they most likely will change stats with the new release.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next