Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Host your own personal server!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:15 am 
Survivor

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Marcus Antonius
This is a great idea! However, I don't have the Sparkplay version anymore and that's what I really wanted to play :(

Does anyone happen to have the full install that they could upload somewhere? I'd be forever grateful!

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 am 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Liska Quicksilver (Lv 35 M Foxen Knight)
Alt: Vixey Quicksilver (Lv 16 F Foxen Knight)
Alt: Glenn Quicksilver (Lv 16 M Foxen Knight)
Greth, I really don't know how to express my gratitude to you for this not at all small gift you've provided for the former EE community (both old and new). I understand getting everything up and running to even remotely close to what it was under each version (be it SPM, Sankando, or TOV) is no small task, yet you have managed quite well so far. I'll definitely be looking at (and trying to keep up with) this project myself. A big, although a little late, thank you is in order. (good thing I backed up all three versions of Earth Eternal) *goes off to download*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:06 am 
Survivor

Main: Dingo
Well yeah, pretty cool, actually amazing news, I tried to run it, still I should probably run a debug version because something, somehow, does not start correctly. Anyway, May I ask if someone got the very last version of SparkPlay Media client 0.8.8 or it was 0.9.2 or 0.9.6? O.o

I mean someone having the very last Sparkplay Media version with the fully downloaded EarthEternal.archive?

Since the client was free to download I hope that someone sharing it without modify the files is no harm to any copyrights.

I got 0.8.5-r14551-o193-20100224_0035 without the archive file.
So I think thats are the needed files PLUS "EarthEternal.archive" which as I remember used to be able to get downloaded within the game menu at later SparkPlay Media version.
So if sharing is not an issue,
Quote:
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\cabundle.pem
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\cg.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\fmod.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\libeay32.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\LibPlayer.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\manifest.txt
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\npSparkPlayerNS.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\OgreMain.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Plugins.cfg
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Plugin_CgProgramManager.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Plugin_ParticleFX.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\RenderSystem_GL.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Resource
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\resources.cfg
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Spark.exe
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\SparkPlayerIE.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\ssleay32.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Update.exe
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\zlib1.dll
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Resource\Core.car
Sparkplay Media\Sparkplayer (Beta)\Resource\Preloader.car

Someone?

P.S. To the dev guy.
As far as I remember the game preload the car files (which are many small files about everything) from the server to your computer and archiving them into EarthEternal.archive.
Still http://sankando.nefficient.jp doesn't contains one full archive file as I know.
So can you find a way to save all of the game files to the drive? To preload them all, because the sankando version doesn't have download fullclient button as the previous games. :/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:56 am 
Survivor

Main: NA
Grethnefar, in the word's of Kiba from Wolf's Rain:
This place I struggled to reach is... Paradise.
Excellent job on your server release.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:53 pm 
Survivor

Main: Bakuhatsu Otsuka
Alt: White Wuff
I am curious... do you accept donations?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:21 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Eld Khran
I'm hesitant to distribute older clients or their assets, so for now I'd rather not post them. I might be willing to provide specific files (for 0.8.6 or later) if you need them for localhost purposes, but I won't be providing any fully playable archives at this time.

The main reason I decided to offer my server for private download was because Sankando's assets are fully available. So if you have an older version that doesn't work, or are otherwise willing to settle for Ikimonogatari/EER, that's always an option.

If you need to reinstall Ikimonogatari, here's the installer. Just be aware that it installs into your Documents\Earth Eternal\ folder, and will overwrite any previous version of the game that exists in that location.
http://sankando.nefficient.jp/Release/P ... nstall.exe

lil_stenly wrote:
Anyway, May I ask if someone got the very last version of SparkPlay Media client 0.8.8 or it was 0.9.2 or 0.9.6? O.o

Sparkplay's last version was 0.8.8.
TurnOut's version of Ikimonogatari/EER is 0.8.9.

If you're using 0.8.5 or earlier, those versions did not use EarthEternal.archive and didn't have a full download option. Finding assets will be very tricky, and will depend on someone else making these files available (I don't have them). Lesser assets like terrain files may work if substituted from other versions, but you might be out of luck if you need more important files.

Also keep in mind that my server was designed for use with 0.8.6 and later, so earlier versions might encounter broken gameplay from incorrect protocols. These issues can be fixed if necessary.

I have a crude (unfinished) downloader utility that can pull assets from Sankando's site for use with the localhost webserver option. If anyone is interested, I can finish that for a future release.

Baku wrote:
I am curious... do you accept donations?

I'm not accepting donations at this time. I've been working on it as a hobby, for my own learning and enjoyment. So while I appreciate the thought, donations aren't necessary.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm 
Lifeboat Captain

Main: Hippy Treehugger
Alt: Hispanic Metalhead
Alt: Damion Black
Alt: Insanity Forsaken
i got 0.8.3 or 0.8.4...don't remember what patch i first started on. but....other than that, the only reason i'd put it on media fire is if Grethnefar needed a backup or a bases of making a moding tool kinda like "the elder scrolls construction set" but i doubt he would need or want a client that old :XD: :p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:23 pm 
Survivor

Main: Dingo
Yes, excuse me for the wrong assumption about the version, I saw the version numbers just now. and I also checked version 0.8.5, it runs with the server, still breaks by unknown reason or just because my archive is not complete. As for the 0.8.9... everything there seems to work quite nice and smooth. :)
I think I might have fully updated 0.8.6 or 0.8.7 because I still want to believe that I didn't delete my backups before a time.

As for now I understand that setting up your server with http://sankando.nefficient.jp for the files, your server acts like login server only. Login data on your server is unencrypted and that allows you to run the game from spark.exe managing to "bypass" the login issue, while update.exe looking for patchurl and then for login data that should be preloaded since you logged in sankando's login server which is not functional now. Nifty! :)

If I put the assets, the images and data files to the localhost server it should work in the same way as sankando site does at the moment. The game will download them from the localhost and archive them in the archive file, in theory I don't need the archive file then.
And If I have the full archive file the game will no longer need file server as the files are directly loaded from the cache directory and then only login server is needed.
I like that second way because then the server will have less load and thats good for testing purposes actually.

And well I understand you, still I got wifi connection, leeching files from sankando server makes me wait half an hour just to get in the login screen and around 15 minutes more to see the character in the game, then to load some menu is about 10 more minutes and that just to test the basic stuff, so thats why I looking for a fully updated archive. Besides, 0.8.6 was the best version of the game by my opinion, I didn't like the further changes over the game after that.
Believe me or not running a server that is still beta with the basic functionality and with wifi... this is madness. XD Not to mention that is totally useless to run a server. so I hope you will share fully backup soon as you need testers for your project there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:52 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Jarnuk Kuturall lvl 42 Rogue
Alt: Wolcore Aeris (reserved)
Alt: Foxcore Aeris (reserved)
Alt: Psyon Aeris (reserved)
if somebody has a stable version of 0.8.6, could they upload it, so we can download it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:59 am 
Survivor

Main: Emerald Icemoon
Alt: Blaze Whitemoon
Alt: Willows Harerun
Alt: Quoth Raven
Quote:
I have a crude (unfinished) downloader utility that can pull assets from Sankando's site for use with the localhost webserver option. If anyone is interested, I can finish that for a future release.

That would be great :)

I also wondered if it was possible for the server itself to grab the assets itself if it doesn't have them (acting as a proxy) and put them in the right place. Then you could always ship with the "localhost" as the default and performance would gradually get better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next