Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Host your own personal server!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:42 am 
Survivor

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Emerald Icemoon
Alt: Blaze Whitemoon
Alt: Willows Harerun
Alt: Quoth Raven
Oh dear ..

I started up the client and it was hanging. Tried downloading EarthEternal.car in browser and get "No server found". Finally, a whois reports this :-

Code:
whois sankando.nefficient.jp

No match!!

With JPRS WHOIS, you can query the following domain name information
sponsored by JPRS.
    - All of registered JP domain name
    - gTLD domain name of which sponsoring registrar is JPRS
Detail: http://jprs.jp/info/jprs-whois/ (only in Japanese)

For IP address information, please refer to the following WHOIS servers:
    - JPNIC WHOIS (whois.nic.ad.jp)
    - APNIC WHOIS (whois.apnic.net)
    - ARIN WHOIS (whois.arin.net)
    - RIPE WHOIS (whois.ripe.net)
    - LACNIC WHOIS (whois.lacnic.net)
    - AfriNIC WHOIS (whois.afrinic.net)

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 am 
Survivor

Main: Dingo
>.> Why? WHY!? Anyway! Considering the situation we are screwed at least for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Eld Khran
lil_stenly wrote:
Yes, excuse me for the wrong assumption about the version, I saw the version numbers just now. and I also checked version 0.8.5, it runs with the server, still breaks by unknown reason or just because my archive is not complete. As for the 0.8.9... everything there seems to work quite nice and smooth.

To launch older versions, you need to edit the ServerConfig.txt file. Look for ProtocolVersion. 0.8.5 requires a value of 31, otherwise it will automatically disconnect after you enter your login/password.

I recommend using 0.8.6 or later instead of any older versions. My tests with 0.8.5 revealed that it doesn't handle download requests properly.

Quote:
If I put the assets, the images and data files to the localhost server it should work in the same way as sankando site does at the moment. The game will download them from the localhost and archive them in the archive file, in theory I don't need the archive file then.

You'll still need the archive file, because that's where the client stores the downloaded files for use. No downloads are necessary when the archive already contains those files.

Rockfire wrote:
Oh dear ..

I started up the client and it was hanging. Tried downloading EarthEternal.car in browser and get "No server found". Finally, a whois reports this :-

This is unfortunate. Sankando.jp has been replaced by a placeholder Wordpress page.

Reading the translated news posts on Sankando.com, they seem to be having issues with other games as well.

Unless sankando.nefficient.jp comes back online, localhost is now your only launch option, no matter what client you're running. If the client shuts down with a 404 error, it means you're missing certain assets.

Because of this, I'm reconsidering my stance on distributing the client assets. If there are no chances of Earth Eternal being officially brought back, or even officially available to some degree as Sankando was, then we're on our own.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:12 pm 
Survivor

Main: Bakuhatsu Otsuka
Alt: White Wuff
Grethnefar wrote:
Baku wrote:
I am curious... do you accept donations?

I'm not accepting donations at this time. I've been working on it as a hobby, for my own learning and enjoyment. So while I appreciate the thought, donations aren't necessary.

Was mainly meaning for a small token of gratitude about working on this :3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:02 am 
Survivor

Main: robfox
Anyone have a link to any of the required client versions needed. The ones listed seem to be gone from the links listed here

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 am 
Survivor

Main: Derithon Tvorsk
Alt: Archie Tvorsk
Grethnefar, sir, sincerest thanks to you.
As someone who dabbled in reverse engineering of other software in other times, I know how tedious and frustrating it can be... and, without looking at your work yet, I find it more probably than not that I'd not be able to do this.
Thank you for a great contribution, and best of luck in the future. Hopefully, you'll stay interested in this project for a longer while.
-- Tvorsk
If I'd think even once before writing this post, I wouldn't write the PS that was here. I don't want trouble. Sorry...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:41 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: The Woulfe
I'm under Windows 7 & not sure how to set this up so it'll work correctly

I keep getting 404 - EarthEternal.car not found

=P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 pm 
Survivor

Main: Dingo
So it is illegal by the user license agreement people to share the client or not? Anyone to know that?
Since the client was free for redistributing at first place. Not sure about. :/
Sankando still down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:42 am 
Survivor

Main: Era Gaul
Alt: Darius Shadewing
Alt: Gorlek Skortesh
Between the 2 server threads, I elected to post on this one, since it gives me the best focus for my idea. The limitation for the server seems to essentially be the maximum number of concurrent connections and capacity. During my education on network security, we learned a little bit about how certain DoS (Denial of Service) attacks use a hidden control program to issue commands to many computers at the same time, allowing the attack to be more effective. Obviously I have no intention of doing the whole silent control factor, but it gives me a somewhat similar idea. Essentially have as many people as possible host the servers and implement a mechanic that syncs all of them together to balance the traffic among the individual servers. Of course the general issues that will arise from this are ISPs, which don't generally allow the same bandwidth for outgoing communication as they do for incoming. I'm just hoping that having enough people hosting the servers this can be mitigated a bit since the information can come from multiple sources at once.

Also, I think there would have to be some consensus on the most stable client version so that we can ensure a level of quality control. I'm sure anything that has ALL the races would be appreciated. Would be nice if we could figure out a way to put all the credit items in-game without having a shop aspect.

Anyways, I guess I could always see what I can do about getting my own personal instance running in the meantime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Eld Khran
The number of concurrent connections can be increased, but right now it has a hard-coded maximum. The programming doesn't allow scalability yet. Ideally the number of allowed connections should be expanded as needed. It's something I need to work on.

The client architecture only supports one connection socket. It immediately falls back to the login screen when the connection is broken. I presume each server machine would have to host a complete copy of the game, even if the calculation workloads were delegated among separate machines. In theory it would allow for significantly higher player numbers (possibly thousands?). If all server machines were on a LAN, synchronization latency might be tolerable.

I don't know how the official server was hosted, so I could be wrong about this. But these are my observations based on the client and my limited knowledge of networking.

As for deciding on a client version, here are the comparisons:

Classic Sparkplay models.
Multicolor minimap. Color varies by creature type: Animal, Mortal, Undead, Dragon, etc.
No super crits.
Some broken items due to missing armor models.
Custom loot bags when a mob dies (optional).
Dead creatures are tombstones instead of bodies (optional).
Loot bags and tombstones are not available in 0.8.7 or later.

Classic Sparkplay models, with slight changes. Feet point out.
All gray minimap. No distinction between friend/foe.
No super crits.
Some broken items due to missing armor models.
Slightly increased framerates over 0.8.6.

New Sparkplay models.
Friend/foe minimap (green/red dots).
Has super crits.
Compatible item database.
Slightly increased framerates over 0.8.7.
Some new animations for skills.

Functionally similar to 0.8.8, except the obvious changes:
Ikimonogatari/EER models (can be patched down to 0.8.8 style).
All races are present, but with limited selection during character creation. Character data can be altered later to select different models.
Has the new interface and all its glitches. UI elements that get stuck, mouse buttons that stick. Missing features too. No chat resize, no chat filters. Missing cursor and broken scrolling when typing in chat. Health bar has fewer details: no numerical health, no separate physical/might charge counters. No popup text for map locations or minimap. No friend status text. Etc, etc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next