Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:30 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Host your own personal server!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:13 pm 
Survivor

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Era Gaul
Alt: Darius Shadewing
Alt: Gorlek Skortesh
Frankly, I'm a fan of the original SPM models. From what I recall, most people HATED more of the EER models than they liked. Honestly the only thing I liked from EER was the revised charge system so that Physical and Magical charges were combined into a singular charge system. I didn't really get the whole supercrit thing, either.

Anyways, I guess for me it comes down to classic SPM models vs. revised SPM models. While I believe the legs were more anatomically accurate in the revised, the muscular type just came off as ridiculous to me.

Also, my favorite thing from the old system were the tombstones. The idea of having the corpses to loot may sound good, but had a very adverse impact on being able to loot corpses when they were overlapping or if there was a smaller mob stuck under a larger one. The tombstones just made the looting process easier when engaging multiple enemies, imo.

So put me down as voting for 8.6

google adsense
Post details
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:56 pm 
Survivor

Main: Klavyre Dravakt
Alt: Emily Knightly
Alt: Lavurs Ponard
8.6 seems best, or 8.8 if only for the less stumpy models and better item database. Either will work for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm 
Survivor

Main: Dingo
I vote for...
0.8.6 :happydance:
glad you posted the significant changes between them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:10 pm 
Survivor

Main: Bucaronte Bermellon
Is it possible to play EE with the old models and the item called Spider silk vest?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:42 am 
Lifeboat Captain

Mood: Amazed

Blog: View Blog (5)
Main: Sejenus Caine
Alt: Slasher Caine
Alt: Leena Caine
Alt: Scheena Caine
drabo wrote:
Is it possible to play EE with the old models and the item called Spider silk vest?

I think it was indicated earlyer on this thread (or maybe a different one) that the models you saw on the screen when playing were stored on your own computer and were particular to your own view point... ie- if you and a friend had different model versions stored, you would only see your versions used for everybody's... bodys, he would only see his...

I think there was a mod which put the old EE models on the newer engine, presumebly using this method...

I suggest you re-read any topics and posts made by "Grethnefar" for more details....

1. Lawnmower blades rotate at a VERY high speed.
2. Loose stones and lawnmower blades rotating at very high speeds do not make good companions.
3. Given the right circumstances anything can fly.
4. The window panes in conservatory doors are made of glass.
5. Glass breaks."

Terranova wrote:
Get on my level.

GET ON IT, SON.

Then we can be happy and find something else to argue about.

"ALL HAIL GRETHNEFAR! RE-BUILDER OF WORLDS!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Eld Khran
drabo wrote:

Depends on which old models you're referring to, classic (0.8.6, as seen in my gameplay videos) or latest Sparkplay (0.8.8).

I have data for nearly all items that existed in the game. So every set is available, including Spidersilk.

Sejen wrote:
I think it was indicated earlyer on this thread (or maybe a different one) that the models you saw on the screen when playing were stored on your own computer and were particular to your own view point...

The patch downgraded Ikimonogatari/EER models to Sparkplay's latest look, but it's only useful when using the EER client.

The server in this thread is outdated and Sankando's assets haven't been available for a long time now, and it doesn't look like they're coming back. I'm working on an alternative option with an upgraded server version, hopefully something better suited for public use. Unfortunately there have been major delays due to critical bugs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Eschia Mousehold
Alt: Wolfee Darkfang
Testing it as I write this. Looks very good. Only problems I came across would be (using EER client last updated in July 2011) that the /creaturetweak command causes the client to have no UI and stare at nothing but blue sky for eternity. Same thing happens if i try to warp. Everything else I tried seems to work, and I like the work you put into populating anglorum. Looks just like the real thing to me. It's also nice that I don't need mysql with this.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:19 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Cross Marian
how possible would it be to create a Private Earth Eternal Server ? I know there are private servers for mapelstroy, runescape, gunz , etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:32 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Eld Khran
Eschia wrote:
Only problems I came across would be (using EER client last updated in July 2011) that the /creaturetweak command causes the client to have no UI and stare at nothing but blue sky for eternity. Same thing happens if i try to warp.

That sounds like you're getting an HTTP 404 on missing assets. The client won't recover from this error.

Cross wrote:
how possible would it be to create a Private Earth Eternal Server ? I know there are private servers for mapelstroy, runescape, gunz , etc.

It's quite easy to manage a server. If you haven't seen the gameplay in action, you can check out the demo videos I uploaded on Youtube (link). The server application in this thread is outdated and mostly useless without Sankando's assets, but I'm slowly working on a solution.

I haven't provided any updates recently, and there are a few reasons. There were many critical bugs that seemed hopeless, and my motivation and effort dropped significantly. I've made some progress, but it's been hard to focus on repairs. Development has been very slow over the past 1-2 months. Many solutions required heavy revamps of the core programming, so there's almost no new content.

Currently I'm revamping the creature spawning mechanism that populates the overworld and dungeons. After that I'll try to restore gameplay by implementing official maps and quests, and maybe working to allow user-created content.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:54 am 
Lifeboat Captain

Mood: Amazed

Blog: View Blog (5)
Main: Sejenus Caine
Alt: Slasher Caine
Alt: Leena Caine
Alt: Scheena Caine
Thanks for the update there.
Somtimes in topics like this a lack of info can be agonizing.. ie: "Whats happening?!!, Whats going on?!!! WAHHHH!!"

1. Lawnmower blades rotate at a VERY high speed.
2. Loose stones and lawnmower blades rotating at very high speeds do not make good companions.
3. Given the right circumstances anything can fly.
4. The window panes in conservatory doors are made of glass.
5. Glass breaks."

Terranova wrote:
Get on my level.

GET ON IT, SON.

Then we can be happy and find something else to argue about.

"ALL HAIL GRETHNEFAR! RE-BUILDER OF WORLDS!"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next