Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:51 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Host your own personal server!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:40 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Eld Khran
Edit: Updated for Version 13b (Jan 6).

Good news, everyone!

I'm releasing a special lite version of the server to everyone for their personal use. This means you can launch your own version of the server offline, or with some friends. It should work as-is when unpacked from the ZIP file, but there are a few minor customizations that can be made.

There's also a few limitations. This release doesn't include the full server data. A game client is not provided.

If you have an older version of EE gathering virtual dust somewhere (0.8.6 or 0.8.8, best if you used Download All) you can use that. Otherwise you're stuck using 0.8.9 (Ikimonogatari/EER). Sankando still has their client assets publicly available for download, so you can use those if necessary. You can use your existing EER installation for the core game files (like Spark.exe).

What this server contains:
- Generic accounts with level 50 characters, which you can customize and rename.
- Mushroom Isle (Includes classic Sparkplay 0.8.8 player museum, (if you haven't seen my video). Be sure to download the updated Classic patch, or else you'll see Ikimonogatari's models. Hilarity and/or nightmares will ensue.)
- Anglorum overworld (includes mobs and NPCs)
- Some finished Anglorum quests, Fort Stonehenge, Avalon, Bath
- Underhenge dungeon (includes mobs)
- Burning Chasm, an unreleased dungeon (no spawns)
- Item database (required for the player museum)
- Creature database (required for overworld and dungeon mobs)
- Reference files, with commands, grove tutorials, more advanced customization options. See the HTML folder in the downloaded ZIP.

Restrictions:
- Character creation is not functional. Generic accounts and characters are provided. You can customize their appearances once you're in game.
- A maximum of 4 characters may be logged in at any one time.
- Europe and its associated dungeons are not included (I haven't recreated any of that data for use).
- The templates for other regions still exist, so you can see terrain (if applicable) but no scenery.

Download:
I strongly recommend that you back up your existing EarthEternal.archive file before launching the game (Look in the cache folder. If something breaks, the archive will be lost forever. Remember that Sparkplay and EER don't exist anymore, so you can't get those files back. Launching with Sankando's webserver will destroy your existing archive.

Server ZIP file (Download links updated for Version 13b).
Should run correctly on Windows XP or Windows 7, 32 or 64 bit.
The server emulator is an unfinished beta product. It is provided as-is. There are no guarantees of security or stability. Use at your own risk.
Download from MediaFire
Download from MegaUpload

Ikimonogatari Classic Mode Patch. The EER Classic Mode patch will not work, so use this instead.
Edit: Further testing has revealed that using this patch can cause glitches where mobs sometimes don't play their death animation. Your health bar may also disappear randomly. This patch is not required to play, but is nice to have if you wish to visit the character museum.
In the Earth Eternal directory, there should be a \cache\ subfolder. This archive goes there.
Be sure to back up your existing copy of EarthEternal.archive before you replace it with this.
Download from Mediafire
Download from MegaUpload

Launching the game:
Name: generic1
Password: 1

There are four accounts (generic1, generic2, generic3, generic4). Each account has access to the same four characters (Generic Knight, Rogue Mage, Druid). Multiple players can log into the same account, but not the same characters.

Included in the ZIP file is a Launch folder. Inside are three preset .BAT files. Move them to your Earth Eternal installation folder (where Spark.exe is located), and you can launch the .BAT files from there.
Launch Sankando - For 0.8.9 only. Launches with your router, Sankando's webserver. Recommended.
Launch Localhost - For 0.8.9 only. Launches with your router, your webserver.
Launch SPM Localhost - For Sparkplay versions of the client, 0.8.8 or earlier. Launches with your router, your webserver (both must exist at the same IP/domain).

When using localhost, the server emulator handles asset requests. Because requests to your own network resolve much more quickly than over the internet, loading screens will be significantly shorter, even when the game already has the required files.

You cannot launch localhost unless you have the assets, or unless the client already contains everything it needs in the cache\EarthEternal.archive file. If you get a 404 error in-game while using the localhost webserver, use Sankando instead.

Known Issues:
- Loading screens tend to be shorter, but your character is active while objects are still loading in. This means you can get stuck inside props. You'll have to use warp commands to unstick.
- The server was designed for version 0.8.6. You may encounter certain incompatibility issues with other client versions, such as the inability to interact with certain aspects of the game.
- Instance warping is somewhat glitched.
- Sometimes you can fire rapid attacks before the cooldown is activated.
- If you die, you can resurrect yourself on the spot.
- Creatures tend to be stronger for their level, and sometimes use more advanced skills.
- Ability points are not required. You can acquire any skill available in your skill tree, free of cost.
- Mobs do not have any pathfinding. They don't have a tether range, although melee creatures can follow for as long as you're within aggro range.
- There is no loot, and chests don't work.

Quick Commands:
An expanded list of commands can be found in the Reference.html document, in the HTML subfolder.
Use +/- keys to adjust movement speed.
/creaturetweak : Edit your character's body, race, gender, colors, etc. (Note: you'll get a loading screen which lasts a few minutes while it downloads/verifies everything)
/creaturebrowse : Search for a creature name, and you can place them on the map. If they have an AI script, they will fight you.
/togglebuilding : Enable grove-building mode.
/warp n : Warp north. Possible directions: [n,e,s,w]
/warp n 500 : Warp north, 500 units.
/warpi "Instance Name" : Warp to an instance.
/skadd : The target mob will be duplicated as a sidekick (creatures only).
/skadd 9995 : Add an Anubian Archer sidekick. You can also add other creatures if you know their ID.
/skremove : Removes a currently selected sidekick.
/skremoveall : Remove all sidekicks.
/skattack : Order all sidekicks to attack your current target.
/skcall : Call back all sidekicks to your location.
/skwarp : Warp all sidekicks to you. Useful to resurrect them if they die or glitch out somewhere.
/macro : Handy to add sidekick functions to hotkeys.
/speed : Set your speed bonus. The bonus is added to your base, which is 100%. So use zero for normal speed.
/give "Item Name" : Give yourself an item. Doesn't have to be an exact match, but it's case sensitive.
/giveall "Item Name" : Same as /give, but will return all items that match, potentially filling your inventory.
/deleteall : Remove all items from your backpack. Equipped items are unaffected.

Give yourself some extra backpack space with this:
/give "Time Cube"

Available Instances:
Use these commands to warp to them.
/warpi Anglorum
/warpi Underhenge
/warpi Burning
/warpi Mushroom
/warpi grove

"Mushroom" is Mushroom Isle with the player museum.
"Burning" is the Burning Chasm.
Note that "grove" is lower case. You can place scenery there. The reference files contain a build tutorial, and prop lists.

The Emulator:
Here's the main server window. No user input to the server is required. Most errors or warnings in the status box can be safely ignored. There are a bunch of other debug tools and status displays (like Send/Receive), most of them old and outdated. You won't need to use any of them, and it's probably better if you don't.

If you want to see more commands, want to configure the server for multiplayer, add or edit accounts, characters, or groves, check out the reference files in the HTML subfolder. If you have trouble launching, or encounter any problems, post here or send me a message, and I'll try to help.

Last edited by Grethnefar on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Host your own personal server!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 am 
Survivor

Main: Fara Phoenix
Wow Grethnefar! Thank you. What you have done is far beyond what I would expect to see after the game shut down. Somehow I knew I would have a reason for saving my old Sparkplay files.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
Survivor

Main: Emerald Icemoon
Alt: Blaze Whitemoon
Alt: Willows Harerun
Alt: Quoth Raven
This is completely amazing. You are completely amazing :) I can't wait to try this. It's going to take some effort to dig out the old files, but I think I know where I left them!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:43 pm 
Survivor

Mood: Amused

Main: Tremblewith
It's working for me. Thanks mate, keep up this amazing work. You. Are. GODLY!

Edit: Just wanna note some of my experiences so far with the client/server:

Using the Launch Sankando.bat works great. I haven't used any of the other two options, but yeah... Works well. Seems the only potential downside is the loading times (which, if I swapped to localhost, it would have much less loading times).

I'm quite new to the hacked client/server, but I noticed (what I think is) a possible bug. When selecting a generic toon from generic1, the client stated one of the toons was a mage. When I logged into that toon, it was actually a Knight. Also, when selecting a NPC in a random village via the Knight, it stated quest error (to be expected, as this is a brand new release).

I'm amazed at your work Grethnefar. I hope you continue this amazing project, until it's near perfection!

Lots of love,

Trem

Planet Forever
Perfect World International
Torchlight II

My Youtube w/ gameplay videos: http://www.youtube.com/thecryotonic
My website: http://www.gdevtalk.net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 pm 
Survivor

I've had a little play with it now and it's working great (except I can't find an 0.8.6 install and so am stuck with the problems that brings :sads: ).

I do have a question though. I tried running the server on a separate machine from the client but it doesn't work. Is this expected?

After editing "Launch Sankando.bat" and putting in the address of my server, it just seems to get stuck "Connecting".

The server does seem to get the requests, as the Status: box just keeps showing :-

Code:
[Router:0] Sent connection string: localhost:4243

Time to play with some of the commands now I think :foxsmile:

EDIT: Ignore me - should have read your docs. I found SimulatorAddress :)

RR

Last edited by Rockfire on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Main: Eld Khran
tremblewithfear6 wrote:
I'm quite new to the hacked client/server, but I noticed (what I think is) a possible bug. When selecting a generic toon from generic1, the client stated one of the toons was a mage. When I logged into that toon, it was actually a Knight. Also, when selecting a NPC in a random village via the Knight, it stated quest error (to be expected, as this is a brand new release).

Thanks, looking into that now. I verified it on my machine, I think it's bug specific to 0.8.9. Should be an easy fix.

Rockfire wrote:
I've had a little play with it now and it's working great (except I can't find an 0.8.6 install and so am stuck with the problems that brings :sads: ).

I do have a question though. I tried running the server on a separate machine from the client but it doesn't work. Is this expected?

After editing "Launch Sankando.bat" and putting in the address of my server, it just seems to get stuck "Connecting".

The server does seem to get the requests, as the Status: box just keeps showing :-

If you do use an old version, you'll need to edit ServerConfig.txt. Look for the "ProtocolVersion" entry. There some documentation within the config file for which version numbers you can use. If your version isn't in the list, I might be able to help with finding the correct one.

For running on a separate machine, check out the HTML\Configuration.html for setting up multiplayer.

When it says "Sent connection string: localhost:4243", the router is telling the client to connect to the server at that address. If the server is on a different machine (therefore different network address), the client is attempting to access localhost (itself) and failing.

In the config file, there will be a line:
SimulatorAddress=localhost
Change localhost to the server machine's LAN IP address.

Also make sure the Launch .BAT file targets that same IP instead of localhost:
/arg:server=localhost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:55 pm 
Survivor

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply! :)

Planet Forever
Torchlight II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:56 pm 
Survivor

Quote:
In the config file, there will be a line:
SimulatorAddress=localhost
Change localhost to the server machine's LAN IP address

Thanks :). Literally just found that, and all your HTML help files that I would have seen had I read the whole post properly :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:10 pm 
Survivor

Made a pretty big video of my experiences in this server/client so far, including commentary by yours truly. :P Will attempt to encode & upload to Youtube tonight. :)

Should also note that while I do note some bugs in the video, a big one I found was NPCs (or I believe they were NPCs), attacked me thinking I was a mob. I assume so, anyways. ;)

Planet Forever
Torchlight II

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:25 pm 
Survivor

Main: Noemi Flokor
I think I'm doing something wrong but, even after looking through forum posts and the documentation in the download I'm still not sure what. The only version I can use is the 8.8 SPM launcher. I get to the login screen fine. But when I log in I get a message that says "the server has disconnected." I currently can't get any further than the login screen.

Despite the problem I'm having I still would like to say thanks for putting this up. I started playing EE just shortly before Sparkplay closed down and I'd been waiting for it's return since then so it's nice to see this project come along.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next