Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:00 am
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The players of EE: a massive collection of stats and charts.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:15 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Eld Khran
Welcome, players of Earth Eternal! I present to you a collection of statistics gathered and compiled from my site-rip of the Earth Eternal website. This data was collected by scanning all the clans listed there, in turn scanning their rosters, and then downloading the character profiles of everyone who was in a clan at the time (as of August 28). Unfortunately this excludes all players who weren't in clans. So while the data may be off a bit, it should give a pretty good idea of the overall trends present in the game.

Since I have all character profiles from all clans, including the saved clan pages (stats, roster, and rules page), if anyone was in a clan and wants their character or clan stats recovered, feel free to read my post here (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=213) and contact me there or through PM.

With that said, on to the stats!

Total number of characters in clans: 7863
Total number of accounts: 6525
Average characters per account: 1.205

Total kills of all players combined: 21,960,200
Total deaths of all players combined: 396,553

I hope you guys like charts, because made a ton of them.
Note that some images with lots of data have a link to larger version. Some of these versions contain extra stat information.

Easy stuff here. Knights are quite popular.

Foxen and Fangren reign supreme. I was surprised to see Atavian ranked 4th, they looked kinda cool in the character creation screen when I first saw them but I never imagined they would be so popular.

Click for larger image.
Here we see the same chart as above, but broken down into the relative popularity of their class totals.

Click for larger image.
This chart is arranged by percent to give a better idea of how the population ratios of classes stack up between the different races.
Taurian (Red Bull, oh the hilarity), Ursine, and Tusken tend to be knights. I was surprised to see clockwork so high, tied for 3rd.
Longtail, Bandicoon, and Lisians tend to be rogues.
Noctari, Anura, and Yeti tend to be mages.
Sylvan, a remaining significant portion of Noctari, and Hart tend to be druids.

Click for larger image.
Simple stuff. If you ever wanted to know how many characters were any level, look no further.

Click for larger image.
Similar to the race breakdown, we have the class breakdown for the total characters. It seems evenly distributed to me considering the general popularity of each class.

Click for larger image.
Arranged by percent this time.
Some simple conclusions we can draw here, rogues are imbalanced, dominating the level 55 position.
Also, for reasons unknown, the hurdle of overcoming level 1 is too much for most knights to bear. Druids too? New developers, if you're reading this, reduce the experience required to reach level 2. Such hardships are discouraging people from playing the game. Or just nerf rogues and mages to kick them down a notch.

Seems to mirror the total characters per class. Not too surprising.

I probably should expand on this one later.

Mages clearly can't stop themselves from keeling over at random times. Also, yay druids! We're in the running to show those pesky knights how to get the job done.

Click for larger image.
More useless stats. You better enjoy them.

Click for larger image.
Ever wondered how your death count compared to others your level?

Click for larger image.
Like total deaths, a chart just as useless. A certain level 55 character (who shall remain anonymous) is clearly doing their part to rid the world of its dangerous inhabitants. But seriously, leave some for the rest of us.

Click for larger image.
Ever wondered how your kill count compared to others your level? Also curse that level 55 player for skewing the graph so much. That's one hell of a curve.

Click for larger image.
Just what the title says. Not much else to say here.

Now for some login trends! Prepare for excitement!

For reference, the following charts contain markers of certain patches. I'm not sure of the exact dates, these are timestamps collected from some backup files after I patched the game. They might be off by a few days.
0.8.5 - 2/25/10
0.8.6 - 4/15/10
0.8.7 - 6/4/10
0.8.8 - 7/7/10
News of the closing announcement: 8/8/10

How was this chart formed? Starting from the beginning of time itself and progressing through each day until the end, the running total is increased by the number of characters created, and decreased by the number of characters leaving forever on that day. To be fair, this isn't entirely accurate as a player could have logged in on the first and last days and never between. But it's interesting to note the strong growth trends up until patch 0.8.6, where it begins to slow down. By 0.8.7 growth has stopped, and by 0.8.8 players are on the decline. When news of the closing announcement hit, people left in droves, although what I didn't expect was the rate dropping sharply just a few days prior.

Shows the relative number of characters created per day, over time, compared to the rate of last logins. Up until about patch 0.8.7, the created accounts generally outnumbered the last logins. Then all of that starts to change. Notice the huge spike after the announcement.

A different view of the same data. The growth rate almost doesn't seem to change until the closing announcement, but the last login count inevitably catches up at an exponential rate.

I had a few more ideas for charts while finishing this post, so I plan to release a few more in the future. If anyone has some better suggestions, or specific things they want to see (for example, breakdowns for level 40-50 characters only, or sorted in specific ways) then let me know. I've already put in a ton of time on this, so I can't promise that I'll follow through on any requests immediately but I may try eventually.

I used a custom program of my own design for the site-rip, and also for the data compilations. Charts were created in OpenOffice, the images were then copied and pasted into MS Paint and saved.

Last edited by Grethnefar on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: The players of EE: a massive collection of stats and cha
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Angelic

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Chaos Ronin
Alt: SparX Prodigy
Holy . . . dung beetle!

Wow, . . . omg, this is legendary! I can't even begin to imagine all the hard work and labor . . . as well as the endless patience and dedication you put into this monster! I only hope that people truly appreciate all you've done here! It will likely take days if not weeks of endless debate and discussion to interpret this.

All I can offer right now is my genuine shock, my sincere thank you . . . and some positive, well-earned Karma!

Thank you SO much! At this point, who cares about an "Update on EE" when what we have here is a summary of EE's past! I'm honestly just shocked! AMAZING !!!

I think Piggypops would owe you a 'High Five' for this one!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:29 pm 
Former Earth Sage

Mood: Alive

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main: Danny Dumal
Alt: Talvien Dumal
Alt: Prince Delicious
Alt: Submissive Wolf
Lol at the level 55 tier Village Idiote has his own record and data thing all to himself. xP ( Sorry G but most everyone knows who that is =p damn...I was 1/3rd to getting to 55 too *shrugs* Vill won this round)

Nex « Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:33 pm » Does anyone else feel poor when they eat cereal for dinner?

Last edited by Danny ~Mexi Wolf~ on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 pm 
Beast Survivor

Danny ~Mexi Wolf~ wrote:
Lol at the level 55 tier Village Idiote has his own record and data thing all to himself. xP

lol, yeah we noticed that too but weren't sure how to avoid it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:32 pm 
Former Earth Sage

Ronin wrote:
Danny ~Mexi Wolf~ wrote:
Lol at the level 55 tier Village Idiote has his own record and data thing all to himself. xP

lol, yeah we noticed that too but weren't sure how to avoid it.

hey at least we hit 54 Ronin, a grand total of 14 players in all ^^

Nex « Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:33 pm » Does anyone else feel poor when they eat cereal for dinner?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:36 pm 
Beast Survivor

Mood: Asleep

Main: Ragoh "The Regal Beagle" Whiteclaw
Alt: Castor "Where's Me Drink?" Dioscuri
Alt: Pollux "Maderine Rue" Dioscuri
Alt: SUUUUUUGGA BEEEAAARRRRR!!!!
DAYUM! You went to a lot of work to compile this! Thanks, it's very interesting to read!

Also, now we know for sure which were the most popular races in EE (Fangren and Foxen, cuz we just so SEXY!)

"O, the ale! Pisswater, every drop! For surely the elixer I hath consumed upon mine recent trip through the bowels of Erebus shall put to a quick end, those of a lesser constitution!" ~My toast to Everclear
"mew..." ~Sly K

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:41 pm 
Beast Survivor

Grethnefar truly spent a LOT of work on this. Not simply hours but days. He developed some programming to compile the data, used a spreadsheet to develop the charts, used MS Paint, etc. Just an endless assortment of tools.

Grethnefar, this exceeded my wildest expectations . . . and I have a pretty dirty, filthy imagination.

For the record, Grethnefar belongs to ME! I own his copyright.

Great work Columbus. Congratulations.

Last edited by Ronin on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:49 pm 
Former Earth Sage

Exsisto Lupus wrote:

Also, now we know for sure which were the most popular races in EE (Fangren and Foxen, cuz we just so SEXY!)

I agree <3 and thanks for keeping the data G I like seeing the stats on stuff ^^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:28 am 
Talkative Survivor

Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
Splendid research. I do find it interesting that each patch from 0.8.6 to 0.8.8 were like blows of a hammer, each one deflecting the line at an angle of 20 degrees.
0.8.6. BAM. Stunted.
0.8.7. BAM. Halted.
0.8.8. BAM. Nosediving.

I recall that a week before we hit the news of the game going bankrupt, I'd decided to put the brakes on my playing for the month of August. It'd gotten to be such a chore, I just wasn't enjoying it. Note that the trend on August 1st matches my experience - others were calling it quits too. I only came back when the announcement made it obvious that if I had any achievements or unfinished business on EE I wanted done, I couldn't stop. So I played until the end of August despite my desire to take a break since I feared the game would not be around by the time I got back - a hunch that I later would not regret following.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:49 am 
Survivor

Mood: Amazed

Main: The Rogue
Oo, I like graphs. :D

Nicely done.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next