Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:01 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: EE Historical Maps
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:31 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Bored

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Ronath Anuhir - 33
Alt: Annun Lkarna - 14
Alt: Thatus Thorrn - 7
For those of you who have an interest in the Lore, I have decided to post these. Historical maps, based on information in the EE Lore. I have several maps.

Yes, some borders and such are arbitrary/guesswork. I have done the best I could and these are for all purposes still a work in progress! If you feel I've made a mistake, by all means let's talk! Image

Anyways, here are the maps. Enjoy, and I hope to add more as time goes along.

Race Origins
Comments: Longtails are everywhere, 'cause we're that cool. Image

Modern Day EE Map (added 8 Jan 2011)

Land ruled by the Mystarchs
Comments: Maybe I put the eastern border too far to the west?

Anubian Empire

--

So, there you have it.

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: EE Historical Maps
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Mood: Amused

Main: Brigantine Jack
Alt: Yensid Corsaro
Alt: Some dude in an office
Awesome work.

What'll ya have?
BAR FIGHT!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Blog: View Blog (3)
Main: Jakob Axion
Alt: Shianu Sabaton
Alt: Abacus Watchtower
Very cool.
So a present-day-EE map would probably be something similar to the race-origin one with a few changes:

- The Carpathians are now Vampire domain, with the Tuskens and Capricans kind of scattered throughout Europe
- The Felines, as we know from the game, are now in Germany
- The Bounders are in Anglorum, as we also know from the game. Ireland and Scotland are under Faerie control. You could probably put Cyclops there since those are of Faerie blood.
- The Foxen got kicked out of Finland and would be due south of there now in Northeastern Europe, around former Soviet republics like Latvia, Ukraine, etc.

Feels like I'm forgetting a few Beast races... I know I'm not forgetting the Anura, Sylvans, and Clockworks but those are special.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 am 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Afraid

Main: Winter Beast
Alt: Greenhorn Indigoat
Alt: Bucksnort Getafix
Alt: Digital Impudence
makes me profoundly curious as to what they are gonna find when they reach the shores of America...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 am 
Lifeboat Captain

Main: Akantha Iolanthe
Alt: Harpia Talonbreaker
Wow, awesome work Volvox! You certainly know your Lore. It's great to have a visual aid of certain Race's homelands, it helps when trying to remember where Romania is in that big muddle of European countries. :D The Aubian Empire pieces were incredibly detailed, too. I'm very impressed.

Art © Louvelex
Earth Eternal Veteran - May 2009

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:29 am 
Rescue Shipmate

Main: Ronath Anuhir - 33
Alt: Annun Lkarna - 14
Alt: Thatus Thorrn - 7
Thanks for the comments everyone. ^^ I'm glad the maps are well received.

winterbeast wrote:
makes me profoundly curious as to what they are gonna find when they reach the shores of America...
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do with the Americas. I think the best hypothesis so far is that it (or part of it) is the homeland of the Primals. "During the 8 th year of Tammam’s reign, barbarous invaders arrived by ship, raiding and pillaging the Emerald Kingdom first, then the Scotian Highlands and Anglorum, driving almost all Beasts from those shores." That's really the only evidence I could find, so it's not the best guess ever. But the story clearly shows their attack came from the west, so America seems like a decent guess. The Primals weren't nice though! "Tammam’s records of the invaders describe monstrous twisted wolf-Beasts, larger and darker than the Fangren, reptilian Beasts with razor-sharp teeth and wicked spines on their heads, and strange cat-like Beasts with fangs as long as daggers." Of course, even if the Primals were from America back then, they mightn't even exist nowadays.

whitski138 wrote:
So a present-day-EE map would probably be something similar to the race-origin one with a few changes:
For the Foxen, I could only find this: "The Ranger Kingdoms: Five closely allied kingdoms, dominated by the Foxicus race of Beasts, in what is now Finland and northwest Russia" as well as similar information. I must have totally missed the part where they were driven out of Finland. I know The People of the Skull did so at the end of the Age of Legend, but the bit I quoted from the old EE site seems to indicate the Foxen have it back in the Age of Beasts.

Anyways, here is a modern day map. What do you think?

Attachments:
ee-modern-map.PNG
ee-modern-map.PNG [ 71.4 KiB | Viewed 4427 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:09 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

whitski138 wrote:
Feels like I'm forgetting a few Beast races... I know I'm not forgetting the Anura, Sylvans, and Clockworks but those are special.

The clockworks are likely scattered about, but may still consider Siroka (or Sirako - they keep switching back and forth in the Lore) to be a homeland of sorts. No reason to assume they are displaced at the moment - the Corsica/Earthrise/Bastion offensive seems to be the Anubians major foray into beachhead invasions.

Anura are building themselves a homeland - ah:
Quote:
Though they never had a homeland, the Anura have, in recent times, begun the first steps in constructing a city of Anura and for Anura, in the Polissya Swamp, which they are calling Moonfall.
That might be referring to the Polissya region in the north of Ukraine.

Grumkin, Daemon, and Cyclopes are all in similar straits - refugees (of as sort) from their respective homelands - The latter two being from other planes altogether. Calling the Faerie-held lands as a homeland for the Cyclopes doesn't quite seem right, though.

What'll ya have?
BAR FIGHT!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:05 pm 
Lifeboat Rower

Mood: Afraid

Main: Winter Beast
Alt: Greenhorn Indigoat
Alt: Bucksnort Getafix
Alt: Digital Impudence
I would ask Aurelius, if he is still reading us here, what plans he had for the Americas, if any....
if nothing else, crossing the ice bridges in the alaska areas to get to america. but then to what? how did america fare? if all the humans are dead, what is left of america? how many buildings are still there? how about the monuments?
are we gonna see a re-do of one of the planet of the apes movies? how about the space needle? or the troll under one of the bridges? or any of the giant scuptures that are found around the country? what will be made of Portlandia?
whole bunch of things to think about...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 pm 
Talkative Survivor

Main: Yon Fildibeck
Alt: Grande Gear
Alt: Aaron Blackfox
Alt: Tonytony Chopper
The lore indicates the Anura are working toward building a city in a location called the Polissya Swamp. So I did a little research and turned up this.

Quote:
Polissya - Definition

Polesie (Polish spelling; Polissya, Полісся in Ukrainian, Poles'ye, Полесье in Russian, Palyessye or Palesse, Пале́сьсе in Belarusian) is one of the largest European swampy areas, located in the South-Western part of the Eastern-European Lowland, within the territories of Belarus, Ukraine and Poland.

The name Polesie is loosely translated as "woodland".

An inhabitant is called Poleszuk in Polish, Polishchuk in the local Ukrainian dialect, Poleshchuk in Russian, Palyashchuk in Belarusian.

The swamp areas of Polesie are known as Pripyat Marshes (by the name of the Pripyat River) or Pinsk Marshes (by the name of the major city in the area).

Polesie is a marshy region lining the Pripyat River in Southern Belarus (Brest, Pinsk, Kalinkavichy, Homel), Northern Ukraine (Volyn, Povna, Zhytomyr, North of Kyiv, Chernihiv), and partly in Poland (Lublin) and Russia (Bryansk). It is a flatland within the watersheds of the Western Bug and Pripyat rivers. The two rivers are connected by the Dnepr-Bug Canal, built during the reign of Stanisław August Poniatowski, the last king of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Notable tributaries of the Pripyat are the Horyn (Goryn), Stokhod (Stokhod, Stokhid), Styr, Ptich (Ptycz), Yasielda (Jasolda) rivers. The largest towns in the Pripyat basin are Pinsk, Stolin, Davyd-Gorodok. Huge marshes were reclaimed in the 1960s–80s for farmlands. The reclamation is believed to have harmed the environment along the course of the Pripyat river.

This region suffered severely from the Chernobyl accident. Huge areas were polluted by radioactive elements and are considered unsuitable for living.

What is it with Anura and Nuclear Accidents, eh? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:43 pm 
Rescue Shipmate

Almost like they had you in mind...

What'll ya have?
BAR FIGHT!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next