Login     Register    
Terra Eternus
For Earth Eternal, and beyond.

It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 pm
FAQ    Chat      Search     

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More news on the new server!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:41 pm 
Survivor

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main: Heathendel Dustrunner
Alt: Ethamor Redfeather
Alt: Lorback Fangmere
Alt: Schimerith Charr
Hey everyone. So in my last post i focused mainly on the content aspect of this project. This post will focus more on some of the Client changes that are in the works, mainly the conversion too Java.

Our new Admin is a fantastic programmer, but his/her most comfortable programming language is Java and we are hoping to convert the current game written in C to Java.
This is a massive project and one that can only be worked on by the Admin alone.

The reasons for taking on such a massive project are pretty simple, for one itll let admin be more comfortable and efficient in the language the game will be in. Secondly it has the potential to open up new possibilities are far as gameplay and different features that we couldnt get quite right in C.

Theres no time frame set on this project but it could take as much as a year to complete. HOWEVER! theres no reason to get worried that you wont have an opportunity to play Earth Eternal before then. The current client is up and fully functional and we will continue to add updates and expansions while the new client is worked on. Once some of the key revamps are finished (Class/stats, Dungeons, quests revamps, crafting System and Grunes Tal) The Server will be made available to anyone wanting to join.

I don't have all the answers when it comes to the conversion to Java however ill do my best to answer any questions regarding it, as well as any involving content and updates.

Heathendel

google adsense
Post details